30-06 Sp

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: 30-06 Sp

Post by bladeracer » 21 Jul 2016, 3:39 pm

p3seven wrote:
bluerob wrote:
p3seven wrote:I read all the recoil maths . Thats why l want to try one. 308w does not cut it on camels in all situations that is why l think l need a heavier bullet. There are a million camels out there. We have to remove over a 100, 000 a year to keep pace with their breeding.

Can't these be exported? Not being a greenie, but $$$ help.

I remember reading somewhere that the bloodlines in Australia are highly sought after in some Arabic nations for racing?

There are enough Camels behind wire to supply that market and camel farms like Henbury still went broke. Camels require high heavy rails in yards, cost lots to transport cause they can only use single deck trailers. When I was in NT (2007) it cost $600 per camel to transport them to slaughter in SA. We will have no edible native plants out in the deserts soon as the camels eat. Native limes, Sandlewood, Quandong all the good bush tucker and they wreck trap yards.

Who do we contact as recreational shooters, or is camel culling only done by professionals?
I could get out to SA a few times a year to camp out somewhere and knock some over.
What happens to the meat?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by David Brown » 21 Jul 2016, 4:55 pm

We have a CZ with 30-06 and a new recoil pad going on it. If you are in the BNE region we could organise a shoot some time soon, I just need to get the pad fitted properly. And the scope changed…..and…..check your PM's
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Harper » 26 Jul 2016, 2:39 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:When are we leaving and what does everyone drink :drinks:

Camel blood! :lol:
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal