What's your favorite gun and why?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: What's your favorite gun and why?

Post by brett1868 » 28 Sep 2016, 8:22 am

juststarting wrote:What if I can't decide? Just sitting here, in a dimly lit room, rubbing my ladies down with oil and lubricants... I love them all.

Ladies..eh? Funny name for testicles :lol: .
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 28 Sep 2016, 9:40 am

Gwion wrote:
juststarting wrote:What if I can't decide? Just sitting here, in a dimly lit room, rubbing my ladies down with oil and lubricants... I love them all.

This might be why the Greens are afraid!!! :lol: :lol: :huh:

Only terrorists and communists are afraid of lovin' - greens fill both categories.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 28 Sep 2016, 9:41 am

brett1868 wrote:

We are talking about greens here... You're off by few centimetres.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 28 Sep 2016, 9:48 am

juststarting wrote:
brett1868 wrote:

We are talking about greens here... You're off by few centimetres.

Very subtle, almost missed the humour there. Well stated good sir :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 28 Sep 2016, 9:55 am

My favorite gun is an M-60 machine gun. Since I cannot afford the $40-$60K price tag at the moment, there is a machine gun dealer I know who has one for rent, so I enjoy that in the meantime a few times a year. In general I enjoy shooting all full auto machine guns and will probably always have that bug.

My favorite bolt action rifle is my Swiss K31 from 1936. Barrel is made by Hammerli and the receiver by SIG. Extremely accurate and whoever the Swiss reservist was that had my rifle it was well taken care of. Hard to believe it's almost 80 years old. I plan on shooting Swiss style matches with it here in the USA and Switzerland.

Favorite semi auto rifle? Not sure. I am happy with my PTR-91 which is a German Heckler and Koch G3 type rifle. Right now there is a lot of surplus parts and magazines. 20 round magazines are $3.

Favorite pistol? Again not sure as there is much to pick from. However I'd say the Sig 220 series pistols are some of my favorites.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by brett1868 » 28 Sep 2016, 10:06 am

+1 on the Sig, I have their 1911 Nightmare fastback in .357Sig and it's one of my favourites to shoot.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by snag » 28 Sep 2016, 2:06 pm

Winchester mod 94 .30/30. Had it since I was 16, still love cranking the lever and letting her go. Don't even hunt with it anymore - just belt away on the 50 yard range until my shoulder starts to get sore.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Garth » 28 Sep 2016, 8:13 pm

My fav is prob my 30.06. I love the kick and the power and what it does at the other end
Garth
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Garth » 28 Sep 2016, 8:13 pm

My fav is prob my 30.06. I love the kick and the power and what it does at the other end
Garth
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by deadkitty » 29 Sep 2016, 8:05 am

bentaz wrote:
deadkitty wrote:.why?..itś the only gun I own........

I feel sorry for you, gun shops will be open tomorrow.

Bentaz They're sick of looking at me.. :lol: but obviously not my wallet. Seriously I only need the one, I shoot feral dogs cats and foxes, no pigs here but I did see a Deer the other week, standing my the side of the road 1km from the Pacific highway....mmmmm :idea: maybe I need a .308? Better be really really
nice to the missus.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead, it's only difficult for the others,
it's the same when you are stupid.
deadkitty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by TheDude » 29 Sep 2016, 8:27 am

deadkitty wrote:
bentaz wrote:
deadkitty wrote:.why?..itś the only gun I own........

I feel sorry for you, gun shops will be open tomorrow.

Bentaz They're sick of looking at me.. :lol: but obviously not my wallet. Seriously I only need the one, I shoot feral dogs cats and foxes, no pigs here but I did see a Deer the other week, standing my the side of the road 1km from the Pacific highway....mmmmm :idea: maybe I need a .308? Better be really really
nice to the missus.

Don't let lack of "need" get in the way of owning more guns :D
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by deadkitty » 30 Sep 2016, 7:57 am

juststarting wrote:
Gwion wrote:

This might be why the Greens are afraid!!! :lol: :lol: :huh:

Only terrorists and communists are afraid of lovin' - greens fill both categories.

It's ok, I'm a greenie and I love you......only because you clearly look after your guns though :lol:
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead, it's only difficult for the others,
it's the same when you are stupid.
deadkitty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles