Stock choice for the Lithgow?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Stock choice for the Lithgow?

Post by alby » 29 Sep 2016, 3:21 pm

Just wondering with the stock choices available for the Lithgow is it a matter of personal preference or does any of the stocks carry an advantage in terms of accuracy?
alby
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Stock choice for the Lithgow?

Post by Gwion » 29 Sep 2016, 4:10 pm

Laminate is probably likely to be the most stable and rigid but in reality, it's probably all just personal preference.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by AusTac » 29 Sep 2016, 4:51 pm

As G said laminate/wood my be a little more rigid, but i'm not really a wood person ( personal choice ) and have a .22 in synthetic and put a black/black 308 synthetic on order on tuesday, yeah i kinda like lithgows
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Gwion » 29 Sep 2016, 5:09 pm

Just going from the lack of any reports about flex in the synthetic stock.

In many cases, laminate is definitely the most stable and rigid, offering the best bedding platform out of the 3 options Lithgow offer. Some synthetic stocks are rediculously Flexi but have heard no such reports about Lithgow stocks.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 29 Sep 2016, 5:29 pm

Recently saw a new Lithgow with walnut stock ...

Damn nice Tiger striping throughout !
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 30 Sep 2016, 1:01 am

A coach at the Sydney International Shooting Center told me there was a measurable difference in accuracy between the laminate and poly. If you're competing, you'd probably want the laminate, otherwise there's hardly a difference. Also the laminate is easier to work with if you want tweak the bedding. Hope this helps.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by allan » 30 Sep 2016, 2:29 pm

I have the laminate and walnut versions and have used the poly. offering.
Pretty much a personal preference thing for general use IMO. All three are well designed and built.
I used the LA101 action as the base for a custom build so chose the laminate for that purpose - Possibly more rigid and easy to bed.
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Return to Centerfire rifles