Looking at purchasing my first gun

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Looking at purchasing my first gun

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Oct 2016, 8:57 pm

Shorld have bought a 375 Holland and Holland. Great for rabbits. :thumbsup:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 12 Oct 2016, 10:31 am

Oldbloke wrote:Shorld have bought a 375 Holland and Holland. Great for rabbits. :thumbsup:

I use mine for plinking.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by GLS_1956 » 12 Oct 2016, 11:42 am

Oldbloke wrote:Shorld have bought a 375 Holland and Holland. Great for rabbits. :thumbsup:

Ehh, small bore. Get a 45/70, kills, cleans, and par cooks them.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by GLS_1956 » 12 Oct 2016, 11:51 am

jaydos wrote:Visited the local gun shop today(Pine Rivers Lock and Gunsmith), The guy i spoke to was really helpful and honest. I basically told him from the get go that I was a novice and what I wanted to get out of my first rifle. At first he was leaning me towards the .223 but after a bit more of a chat and putting price into perspective on the time i want to spend practicing at the range we decided that a .22 would be a better suit. Ended up going with a CZ 452. I think I will look into the shotgun around xmas. Is the general consensus that the break action shottys are 'better' than lever action (although the adlers look like a ****** of fun)

CZs are quality pieces, mine is a 455 American Sporter, I'm sure you'll love it. I keep forgetting you Aussies are forbidden pump and autoloader shotguns, so with my sole experience with lever action shotguns being a friend's 1887 Winchester, I'd have to suggest a break action scatter gun as well.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Return to Centerfire rifles