Remington 700 - Ejection Issues

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Remington 700 - Ejection Issues

Post by DrDerpy » 18 Oct 2016, 5:42 pm

Hi gents

Currently having some "technical difficulties" with a .338 lap Mag in an MDT Chassis.

I was having issues with the rounds not ejecting from the port when the bolt was pulled back so I ordered an extractor kit (extractor, extractor spring and extractor pin) and replaced all that but it still isn't doing it properly.
If I load a 5 round mag in the first 3 wont pop out and the last two will if I ram the bolt bacak like a man possessed.

What else can I buy to get this working better?

What are the "ejector kits" or are they the samae thing as the extractor kits?

Any help and guidance appreciaated
DrDerpy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Remington 700 - Ejection Issues

Post by happyhunter » 18 Oct 2016, 6:11 pm

Don't know if this applies to the problem you are having, but it's pretty common for 700s chambered in the heavier cartridges to have extractor/ejector failure and it's commonly fixed with the Sako extractor mod.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by DrDerpy » 18 Oct 2016, 6:31 pm

What really pisses me off is that Brownells Australian website stock absolutely f*** all and their US based site wont give a shipping estimate..................
DrDerpy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by happyhunter » 18 Oct 2016, 6:36 pm

happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by DrDerpy » 18 Oct 2016, 6:45 pm

Have not ordered anything yet chief.
Was hoping not to go down the Sako path as I think that requires some machining to the bolt - was hoping to just buy all the necessities to replace the ejector etc as pictured below and keep the Remington extractor setup etc.
cart1.jpg
cart1.jpg (108.11 KiB) Viewed 3002 times

But they wont quote shipping to Australia, and I am struggling to find an online store based in this country selling the items.
DrDerpy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 18 Oct 2016, 7:35 pm

Have you tried Numrich?
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufactur ... -34251.htm

Don't order anything that is a prohibited import though.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 18 Oct 2016, 7:36 pm

DrDerpy wrote:What really pisses me off is that Brownells Australian website stock absolutely f*** all and their US based site wont give a shipping estimate..................

Brownells Oz site _is_ the US site, they just block out anything they can't legally ship to Oz.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by DrDerpy » 18 Oct 2016, 11:27 pm

bladeracer wrote:
DrDerpy wrote:What really pisses me off is that Brownells Australian website stock absolutely f*** all and their US based site wont give a shipping estimate..................

Brownells Oz site _is_ the US site, they just block out anything they can't legally ship to Oz.

They can't legally ship some small springs and a bit of metal here?
Well----------------- this is going to be awkward.
DrDerpy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 18 Oct 2016, 11:36 pm

DrDerpy wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

They can't legally ship some small springs and a bit of metal here?
Well----------------- this is going to be awkward.

Many firearm "parts" are prohibited imports requiring Customs approval before purchase.
I bought a rifle stock and various metal parts from Numrich with no problems.
But I also bought a magazine from them which Customs destroyed.
I have a shipment coming from them currently as well.

As long as you're not ordering a complete bolt or magazine you should be okay. If you're concerned though contact Customs beforehand and ask them.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 18 Oct 2016, 11:37 pm

You could of course simply order the parts you need through your local dealer.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 19 Oct 2016, 5:57 am

Local dealer and wait up to 12 months for them to decide to actually deliver on the order.. All the while blaming their distributors etc when in reality they have cant be stuffed for the $120 sale...

BR there is a reason why a lot of people go overseas. Price, service convenience etc. Not all shops are like that but unfortunately most i have dealt with are. I have a new one open near me and they are fantastic for importing things..

This is not just a firearms industry, I race RC cars as well and that industry has the same problem. Arrogance from shops, delays and over priced products.

Its an Australian retailer problem... One which the internet is fixing.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 19 Oct 2016, 8:22 am

Wylie27 wrote:Local dealer and wait up to 12 months for them to decide to actually deliver on the order.. All the while blaming their distributors etc when in reality they have cant be stuffed for the $120 sale...

BR there is a reason why a lot of people go overseas. Price, service convenience etc. Not all shops are like that but unfortunately most i have dealt with are. I have a new one open near me and they are fantastic for importing things..

This is not just a firearms industry, I race RC cars as well and that industry has the same problem. Arrogance from shops, delays and over priced products.

Its an Australian retailer problem... One which the internet is fixing.

Yes, I am well aware of the problems. Most of my purchases come from overseas as well, but some parts are regulated so we have to buy them locally.
Generally, maintenance items are no problem.
Items that are prohibited you need to have an import approval before you try to import them.
https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Impo/Pro ... ccessories

Customs did grab my stock but once they determined that it was not adjustable or evil they repackaged it and sent it on to me.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles