Lithgow la102 Pics

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Lithgow la102 Pics

Post by Pythonkeeper » 17 Nov 2016, 7:09 pm

How'd you go with that deer mate? If no deer, have you got out and put a few more rounds through that bad boy?

I just dropped some coin on another Lithy LA102, this time in 308, went for walnut with black ceracote. Was a toss up between the Steyr pro hunter 308 and the LA102, hard decision to make but the timber stock and black barrel/action was the deciding factor due to all my other rifles being black plastic stock and silver barrel/action I wanted to go with something different....
I briefly toyed with the idea of a Steyr scout but although they are very nice I couldn't justify the $$$$.
Thought about Tikka also but it didn't quite stack up against the others for me personally, still very very nice though and I would happily own one but not my top choice on the day.
Last edited by Pythonkeeper on 18 Nov 2016, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by AusTac » 17 Nov 2016, 7:38 pm

No deer that day unfortunatly, saw some solid sign and a few steaming piles of deer sh*t so all in good time

The cerakote really does it for me personally over the others, tough as!

Tikka and steyr make very nice rifles, but i just couldn't go past the lithgow myself eaither.

Once my wallet has recovered from the jeep mods i'll be hitting the 308 hard
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Re: Lithgow la102 Pi

Post by Pythonkeeper » 18 Nov 2016, 8:09 pm

Always good to see signs of the animal you're hunting even if you don't see the critter itself, keeps you keen for next time.

I'm a big fan of the ceracote too, the Tikka T3x I had my eye on was ceracoted in burnt bronze and has a slicked action but it is nearly $1000 dearer than the La102, I couldn't see that much extra value in the Tikka, super sexy rifle though in both looks and feel.

Don't own any Tikka rifles but do already own both Steyr pro hunter and Lithgow 101 and 102 rifles, no complaints about either brand and knew I wouldn't be disappointed with my decision either way, both are quality units, the decision came down to looks plus I can use my existing 243 mags in the 308 as well and vise versa if I wish to do so which is a welcome bonus, the Aussie made stamp helped it over the line too.....;)
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 27 Dec 2016, 1:18 am

just wondering if you lot have done any more on these and how they are going accuracy wise

cheers
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Pythonkeeper » 27 Dec 2016, 7:00 pm

Finally put a scope on my 308 yesterday, Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16x42.
Attachments
IMG_3194.JPG
IMG_3194.JPG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 4631 times
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Pythonkeeper » 20 Jan 2017, 6:47 pm

Don't know what happened there, double posted and wiped my last post somehow.
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 20 Jan 2017, 6:54 pm

nice
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Previous