There is something very special about black powder !

Black powder rifles and pistols, reloading black powder, and other information. The smoky stuff.

There is something very special about black powder !

Post by darwindingo » 23 Oct 2016, 10:38 pm

I was one very bloody fortunate dingo today!

I had the privilege to make some "Noise" with Noisy and Lady Noisy !

Over my shooting years, I have often thought about shooting with black powder (never actually done it though)... Well I have to say, very serious mistake on my part !

Only took one shot for that become clear !... It’s now very apparent that I have seriously been missing out on an entirely new world of fun..!!!

It is a must try thing, (It is not something that can simply be explained) after you try it, you will not be in need for an explanation!!

BTW.. Noisy and Lady Noisy, thanks for an awesome day and a great feed !

:drinks:

Jeff
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Re: There is something very special about black powder !

Post by GLS_1956 » 24 Oct 2016, 3:58 am

Ahhh, the "holy black". My first encounter with blackpowder was around age 13 my brother had come back from the Navy, this was around 1969, and with part of his mustering out pay he bought an Italian made clone of a Civil War era revolver. From there I got to enjoy shooting a number of "Charcoal Burners" over the following years until I ended up concentrating on smokeless cartridges.

I am fortunate however to have a couple of friends, husband and wife, who are very much into blackpowder thanks to Cowboy Action Shooting and BPCR (Black Powder Cartridge Rifle) Silhouette shooting. The great thing about having friends into blackpowder shooting is you get to shoot the guns but they have to clean them, and all it costs me is a lunch or dinner.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by doc » 24 Oct 2016, 10:04 am

Darwindingo, your post intrigues me. I have not had the experience yet, but after reading your post, and knowing some people who do shoot black powder I might have to chase them up and ask if they'd mind if I had a go. Cheers :drinks:
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by darwindingo » 24 Oct 2016, 8:00 pm

doc wrote:Darwindingo, your post intrigues me. I have not had the experience yet, but after reading your post, and knowing some people who do shoot black powder I might have to chase them up and ask if they'd mind if I had a go. Cheers :drinks:

I seriously encourage you to do exactly that ! :thumbsup: Have to warn you though, Its all I'm thinking about now :) and it also makes your face sore, but that's just the side effect from all the :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D it makes you do... You have been warned :lol: You will be in for a real treat and will kick yourself for not trying it before :thumbsup:

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Heckler303 » 24 Oct 2016, 8:09 pm

Man, I definitely need to try out some puff-wands some day. The best I can currently manage is black powder .303.

Not that it's a bad thing..
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by darwindingo » 24 Oct 2016, 8:36 pm

Heckler

Perhaps there is a club nearby you where you can try some other BP stuff as well, maybe even some cannons.. :)

You should have a look.. :thumbsup:

darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by No1Mk3 » 25 Oct 2016, 3:25 am

Welcome to the dark side. From here, there is no escape. New words will come to you, cap, minie, frizzen, flint, and such names as Hawken, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Zouve just to mention a few. Did they tell you BP is more addictive than Heroin? Bwaa-ha-ha-haaa!
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lorgar » 27 Oct 2016, 9:23 am

Noisy loves getting people hooked on BP.

But he really loves when you blow apart his target frames :oops: :mrgreen:
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Noisydad » 27 Oct 2016, 11:19 am

Lorgar wrote:Noisy loves getting people hooked on BP.

But he really loves when you blow apart his target frames :oops: :mrgreen:

Lady Noisy's better at it than you... in fact she's better at it than ANYONE! Although, I have to say hitting a 3/8 inch frame at 200 yards as consistently as she does is some mighty fine shootin!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Return to Black powder shooting