Something New from Lithgow

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Something New from Lithgow

Post by Homer » 28 Oct 2016, 8:03 am

G'Day Fella's,

FYI, have a read and then Vote if you agree.

Lithgow Cat B straight pull bolt action bullpup rifle

With the introduction of locally made modern sporting firearms such as the Covenanter Arms PR-22 and Warwick WFA1 to the Australian market recently its becoming obvious that there is a growing interest for these types of rifles. In the past sporting shooters have had access to the current Australian service rifles of the time or accurised sporting versions there of. The No1mk3 Lee Enfield was and still is popular with Australian shooters both in it's original and sporterised versions and Lithgow had also produced a straight pull version of the L1A1 slr specifically for precision target shooters in years gone by. We think that a straight pull, bolt action, Category B rifle with an external design similar to Australia's new service rifle the F90 would be a well accepted addition to the Australian firearm market that we would be proud to own and we would like to see it produced in Australia by Lithgow Arms.

https://www.change.org/p/lithgow-arms-l ... custom_msg

Doh!
Homer
Homer
Corporal
Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Re: Something New from Lithgow

Post by juststarting » 28 Oct 2016, 8:49 am

It's pretty cool, but I would feel so s**t shooting it. Like you are holding a pretty neat gun, but its castrated to essentially be a fancy looking bolt action. So every time I'd pull the bolt, I'd be like, wish I didn't have to pull this bolt so often. :(
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Deacon » 28 Oct 2016, 9:23 am

juststarting wrote:It's pretty cool, but I would feel so s**t shooting it. Like you are holding a pretty neat gun, but its castrated to essentially be a fancy looking bolt action. So every time I'd pull the bolt, I'd be like, wish I didn't have to pull this bolt so often. :(

Exactly my thoughts.But I also think it could potentially neuter any attempts to make auto loading centerfires more accessible. I can almost hear the anti gun media now, "You already have a slightly modified version of the Australian military assault rifle in the highly dangerous bullpup configuration. How could you ever need more?" or something to that effect.

Great looking gun though, can guarantee it wont be cheap
Deacon
Private
Private

Australian Capital Territory

Post by nightforcenxs » 28 Oct 2016, 12:38 pm

one cool looking gun but its almost like having a chocolate bar with no sugar you have the looks but your missing the main part i would rather have a nice bolt gun
nightforcenxs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Supaduke » 28 Oct 2016, 1:00 pm

The cynical realist in me says the R&D costs vs projected sales wouldn't add up. Plus the gun would basically have to be redesigned because any parts that are compatible with the military version would get it canned. As well as having to make it so it can't have parts replaced to revert it to semi. Good idea but I can't see it getting off the ground.

The only possibility I see is a bullpup stock and conversion kit for the la102
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lokvo » 28 Oct 2016, 3:24 pm

It's a shame because the bullpup looks so awesome otherwise but it'd be like seeing a ferrari then upon jumping in you find out that its a flinstone car (leg powered), ok a bit hyperbolic but you get it lol.
CZ 455 Varmint .22LR w/ Nikon P-Rimfire 2-7x32 || Henry Lever H001TMV .22LR || Howa 1500 .223REM MDT HS3 Chassis w/ Leupold VX2 6-18x40
Lokvo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wylie27 » 28 Oct 2016, 5:01 pm

Don't forget the military appearance bs......
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 28 Oct 2016, 5:30 pm

Lokvo, best description ever!
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Boo » 28 Oct 2016, 5:31 pm

Hope you blokes are signing the petition, bugger what the anti gunners may think, I'm a pistol person and have signed it simply because we have to push back. Actually we should be screaming but that would be asking too much :(
Boo
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Bourt » 08 Dec 2016, 3:07 pm

The antis who got all worked up over the Adler will go into full blown hysterics when they see the F90 :lol:
Last edited by Bourt on 08 Dec 2016, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bourt » 08 Dec 2016, 3:10 pm

f90.jpg
f90.jpg (101.69 KiB) Viewed 3325 times
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Chronos » 08 Dec 2016, 5:31 pm

Wouldn't even meet the minimum length laws in some states and as others have said "military appearance", mind you my M96, my K98 and my No4 Mk4 all look like military rifles.......BECAUSE THEY ARE! stupid gun laws

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 08 Dec 2016, 5:40 pm

But see chronos that's the catch.. they don't look like military rifles they are military rifles. So we can have them.

The government has our best interests at heart and only wants us to have the genuine article not something that looks like the genuine article...

So we can't have the "f90" because it's not what the military have.... semi auto tacticool thing

Unfortunately for us there are no Milsurps of it yet...
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles