Beautiful Antique Flintlock

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Beautiful Antique Flintlock

Post by Baldrick314 » 19 Nov 2013, 8:55 pm

Just found this while browsing around: http://www.cmmilitaryantiques.com/gallery.php?arid=5896

It's seen better days but still the workmanship is amazing
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Re: Beautiful Antique Flintlock

Post by Blackened » 20 Nov 2013, 8:34 am

They definitely don't make 'em like they used to.
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by Tonit » 21 Nov 2013, 10:18 am

Mmmm pretty.

$1900 hardly seems like a fortune for this either?
.22-250 Howa Thumbhole Varminter + Weaver Classic 4-20x50
.308 Howa Hunter + Weaver Classic 2-10x50
Tonit
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Warrigul » 21 Nov 2013, 10:27 am

Tonit wrote:Mmmm pretty.

$1900 hardly seems like a fortune for this either?

They are pretty common. Most of the decoration is added in the middle east, in all likelihood it would have originally looked like a normal sporting flintlock. If you look carefully you can see where alterations to the original configuration have been made and filled with bronze or filed off etc. Many were still being used prior to WW2, many of Mussolini's troops holidaying in Eithiopia circa 1935 were shot by old bits of iron from them(or captured alive and de bollocked with a rusty knife), ultimately though mordern arms prevailed.

Very nice wall hangers. every one should have one.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by howtow » 21 Nov 2013, 11:18 am

Warrigul wrote:Most of the decoration is added in the middle east, in all likelihood it would have originally looked like a normal sporting flintlock. If you look carefully you can see where alterations to the original configuration have been made and filled with bronze or filed off etc.

Bah, I hate when they do that s**t.

Ruin something perfectly good just to try and squeeze a few extra bucks out of it.
howtow
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Warrigul » 21 Nov 2013, 12:41 pm

howtow wrote:
Warrigul wrote:Most of the decoration is added in the middle east, in all likelihood it would have originally looked like a normal sporting flintlock. If you look carefully you can see where alterations to the original configuration have been made and filled with bronze or filed off etc.

Bah, I hate when they do that s**t.

Ruin something perfectly good just to try and squeeze a few extra bucks out of it.

Ooops, no I meant that is what they do in the middle east, it seems perfectly genuine to me and is in all likelihood a bedouin or turkish desert firearm.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Hatter » 21 Nov 2013, 1:37 pm

Warrigul wrote:Ooops, no I meant that is what they do in the middle east, it seems perfectly genuine to me and is in all likelihood a bedouin or turkish desert firearm.

Hmm. I know what howtow means.

Like when someone has a classic muscle car that has some stupid pulsing blue dvd player head unit installed and wrecks the whole look.
30-06 Steyr 98 -- .243W Steyr Pro Varmint -- 32-20 WCF Winchester 1885 -- 223 Remington 700 5R
Hatter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles