Very Disappointed in my CZ 455. Is my 1st Rifle Faulty?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Very Disappointed in my CZ 455. Is my 1st Rifle Faulty?

Post by Gwion » 16 May 2017, 10:38 am

Bedding is cheap and relatively easy. I'd also look at your manual re: barrel set up/swap. Take the barrel off, check all the surfaces that meet on the barrel and action. Reattach the barrel and ensure everything is torqued up to spec..

Bedding compound and plastercine $30
Trigger job $60

I'd be very surprised if these two things didn't make a marked difference but like i said, your groups weren't too bad for a someone who hasn't shot very much.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 16 May 2017, 10:48 am

Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by in2anity » 16 May 2017, 11:10 am

It'll shoot minute-of-bunny-head from cold/clean. It's window of accuracy seems small (10-15 shots I take it), but then again, to put it into perspective Target rifles start opening up after 50 or so rounds... It's marketed as a hunting rifle, and it's capable of that. If you want tiny groups of holes in paper off a benchrest, I'd be selling it and buying yourself a target rifle designed for that purpose. Or you could stick to shooting offhand, then you won't get so hung up about pinpoint accuracy! :D
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 16 May 2017, 11:47 am

sungazer wrote:
Gwion wrote:http://www.claytonfirearms.com.au/products/rimfire-rifles/cz-rimfire-rifles/cz-455-barrelmag-set-22-lr-no-sights-clayton

$350AU for a new 22lr barrel.

Yes but that is just replacing like for like. same manufacturing same guarantee of accuracy. If you are going to go to that length, I would personally look at an upgrade.

Me too.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by michal1980 » 15 Jun 2017, 2:45 am

Hi just new guy hear but wanted to share my expirance with my cz455 and things I did to make it shoot like cz should. Yes out of box expirance wasn't good i own anschutz 1416 and weihrauch hw66 jagdmatch and this two can shoot staples out of the backboard at springvale range. Best my cz did was just under 1 inch group so nothing special actually very disappointing, first I installed pillars and did bedding that alone droped groups to just under half the inch. Next I placed pressure point under a barrel for the first inch from action, yes I know it sounds strange but it works and groups droped to about 3/8. Next I used VFG bore cleaning compound with vfg pallets to clean chamber and throat area for about 10 min 5 pallets 2 minutes each, now it will easily shoot 200 rounds before groups start to open up just a bit and trigger job just cheap $2 spring from ebay did a trick. If you can perform this improvements yourself I recommend you give it a go, if you have to pay gunsmith you need to ask yourself if its really worth it will not be cheap. Good thing about cz is there's world of knowledge.
michal1980
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 15 Jun 2017, 7:16 pm

michal1980 wrote: Good thing about cz is there's world of knowledge.

Yes, there is a lot on rimfirecentral.com
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles