My Long Ranger, has a New Dress!

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

My Long Ranger, has a New Dress!

Post by Homer » 20 Nov 2016, 8:21 pm

G'Day Fella's,

Here is a link to a thread I posted on the Nosler forum.
https://forum.nosler.com/viewtopic.php? ... 46#p372046

Homer is a Happy Powder Burner!

Doh!
Homer
Homer
Corporal
Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Re: My Long Ranger, has a New Dress!

Post by Gun-nut » 21 Nov 2016, 10:52 am

Very impressive! Thanks for sharing. What do you think or Remington's current quality control, as I've heard it's not quite what it used to be, but from what I'm seeing here, they must be doing something right. :thumbsup:
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Sam45 » 21 Nov 2016, 4:55 pm

Very nice indeed mate :) Just had a look at their website. Darn not cheap for a chassis :crazy:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 21 Nov 2016, 6:50 pm

It does look noice I wish they were a bit cheaper
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Homer » 22 Nov 2016, 7:14 am

Gun-nut wrote:Very impressive! Thanks for sharing. What do you think or Remington's current quality control, as I've heard it's not quite what it used to be, but from what I'm seeing here, they must be doing something right. :thumbsup:

G'Day Fella's,

Gun-Nut, thank You for your kind comments, I'm sure GCPD Arms would be happy to read this!

As to Remington's, I have old pre "Prefix" serial number model 700's and 600 rifles and current/ recent models, and they all shoot!
Companies like Remington, etc (just like General Motors, Ford etc in the auto industry), have forgotten more relevant information related to firearms manufacture, than all the accumulated "expert" knowledge knowledge on this forum! So, I just leave the rifle making business up to the Rifle Makers, and just get on with shooting and enjoying their great products!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer
Homer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Homer » 22 Nov 2016, 7:28 am

Sam45 and Baronvonrort, Thank You also for your kind comments!

The Best part and the unfortunate thing about so many things that are manufactured in Australia, is the Quality of the product and back up service (if it is ever required), and from this, the price of the products being manufactured!
I have no hesitation in saying, that GCPD Arms chassis stocks (and anything else they manufacture), will not only be Best Quality but also Cutting Edge and World Class!
Their chassis stocks are not like any other chassis stock I have ever handled (and I have handled most of them), the accuracy and quality of manufacture, is without peer, and in a category all by them selves!
This comes at a price.... but it also comes with lots of terrific features, including Bolt In and shoot 13mm 3 x shot groups (with a .338 Lap Mag using new unfired cases), from a factory barreled action!

I suppose most of would like or at least appreciate, the new Rolls Royce or Bentley but we drive what we can afford.
It's the same with Rifles, Scopes and Chassis Stocks.........

Regards
Homer
Homer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Grrzrr » 23 Nov 2016, 10:01 am

Baronvonrort wrote:It does look noice I wish they were a bit cheaper

I'm missing something, where did you find the price?
Grrzrr
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 23 Nov 2016, 10:59 am

Grrzrr wrote:
Baronvonrort wrote:It does look noice I wish they were a bit cheaper

I'm missing something, where did you find the price?

The price has been posted here before in another thread, perhaps Homer can give us the details
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 23 Nov 2016, 11:29 am

Prices are on their website...
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain