WFA1 Warwick

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

WFA1 Warwick

Post by mahna » 25 Nov 2016, 12:24 pm

Are these still going?

Does anyone know what happened?

The buzz back when sounded like there was going to be one in every safe in the country but talk has dried up a while ago from what I see.

Googling more I basically just found old topics of people talking about how they were coming, not finding owners talking about the WFA1?

:unknown:
.270 Savage Axis XP
Weaver 40/44 3-10x44
mahna
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: WFA1 Warwick

Post by brett1868 » 25 Nov 2016, 2:43 pm

There's 2 listed on used guns at the moment, both less then 20 rounds fired and a rave about how rare they are.

https://www.usedguns.com.au/SearchResults.aspx?term=warwick&sold=False&currentad=True&cat=0&calibre=0&condition=0&state=0&page=1
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gun-nut » 25 Nov 2016, 5:55 pm

The crazy price and some service issues drove people away from what I read. People would order them and when they wouldn't arrive, then they couldn't get a hold of anyone from Warwick. :allegedly:

If this is the case, I wouldn't drop 3k on a rifle when I have no idea about its progress especially since it's because I can't do something as simple as emailing the manufacturer.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Tripod » 25 Nov 2016, 6:02 pm

They couldn't sell them in NSW or WA last I heard, as well as all the other problems mentioned.
Tripod
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 25 Nov 2016, 8:25 pm

I put one on order and forgot about it, there is a lot of demand for them so I wouldn't hold your breath. They will get to you eventually, no one doesn't want your money.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bourt » 08 Dec 2016, 3:01 pm

Tripod wrote:They couldn't sell them in NSW or WA last I heard, as well as all the other problems mentioned.

Seems so, website as of now says "Compliant with Australian category B firearm licence requirements in VIC, QLD, TAS, SA & NT."
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TheDude » 08 Dec 2016, 5:57 pm

I got an email from them the other week. Was checking in on my order from september last year. They have had some company problems, are now doing it all in house. Said they hope to be caught up with orders in the next few months
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by lole » 13 Dec 2016, 10:05 am

September... You're waaay more patient than me. I'd be long gone onto something else by now.
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 13 Dec 2016, 10:11 am

lole wrote:September... You're waaay more patient than me. I'd be long gone onto something else by now.

Eh as long as your kinda accept that you will get it one day it's not that bad.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles