Anschutz 1416 or CZ or ????

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Re: Anschutz 1416 or CZ or ????

Post by allan » 08 Feb 2017, 1:32 pm

rsj223 wrote:Ok Ruger will save about $300 but no guarantee how accurate, Annie should be the most likely to group well and last a long time? and cost me another $300ish, Lithgow... AUS should group well but feed crap ,,,,as I say they all feel ok to me

That new TARGET offering from Ruger does look interesting.
Never owned an Annie 22 which wasn't accurate. Have owned a number that wouldn't feed or eject without modification.
My new LA101 has set the benchmark...I'll say again, it is the best feeding and ejecting 22 I've owned. More accuracy testing lately in good conditions with a 20X scope has produced several 10X5 shot strings at 50 with Center X & Rifle Match (excellent lot number) averaging in the .3's". IME, few production 22's, regardless of cost, can do that.
(The LA101 has had a trigger job & re-cut crown so not entirely stock :D )
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by Gwion » 08 Feb 2017, 3:18 pm

Fair enough...
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by rsj223 » 08 Feb 2017, 6:39 pm

allan wrote:
rsj223 wrote:Ok Ruger will save about $300 but no guarantee how accurate, Annie should be the most likely to group well and last a long time? and cost me another $300ish, Lithgow... AUS should group well but feed crap ,,,,as I say they all feel ok to me

That new TARGET offering from Ruger does look interesting.
Never owned an Annie 22 which wasn't accurate. Have owned a number that wouldn't feed or eject without modification.
My new LA101 has set the benchmark...I'll say again, it is the best feeding and ejecting 22 I've owned. More accuracy testing lately in good conditions with a 20X scope has produced several 10X5 shot strings at 50 with Center X & Rifle Match (excellent lot number) averaging in the .3's". IME, few production 22's, regardless of cost, can do that.
(The LA101 has had a trigger job & re-cut crown so not entirely stock :D )

Gee I want to buy your 101, looking at selling it soon :unknown:
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by rsj223 » 08 Feb 2017, 6:49 pm

got on to Nioa today the Ruger is on order (200 of them) with 91 pre ordered they wouldn't give me a RRP so onto the LGS to find out tomorrow :D
My thought s are, order the Ruger target just because and see just how low my LGS will go on a used Bruno 22 they have or just the basic Ruger American
Thanks bladeracer hope its the right price
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by allan » 08 Feb 2017, 8:59 pm

rsj223 wrote:got on to Nioa today the Ruger is on order (200 of them) with 91 pre ordered they wouldn't give me a RRP so onto the LGS to find out tomorrow :D

If you finish up with one of those Ruger Target versions, I would be most interested to hear your impressions.
Sorry, but my two LA101's aren't going anywhere - Currently in the process of moving on a few rifles including a 17XX Anschutz Custom which would pay for half a dozen Lithgows - Does that tell you something !!!
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by bladeracer » 08 Feb 2017, 9:22 pm

rsj223 wrote:got on to Nioa today the Ruger is on order (200 of them) with 91 pre ordered they wouldn't give me a RRP so onto the LGS to find out tomorrow :D
My thought s are, order the Ruger target just because and see just how low my LGS will go on a used Bruno 22 they have or just the basic Ruger American
Thanks bladeracer hope its the right price

I'm interested in it myself, although I already have the Compact.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by rsj223 » 08 Feb 2017, 9:55 pm

I have the compact in 17hmr an love it
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 08 Feb 2017, 10:06 pm

rsj223 wrote:I have the compact in 17hmr an love it

I've got an MDT LSS-22 chassis en-route for mine, but I'm thinking the Target might be a better choice for the chassis.
Let us know if you find out a price on them - I might have to order one myself.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by rsj223 » 09 Feb 2017, 7:32 pm

bladeracer wrote:

I've got an MDT LSS-22 chassis en-route for mine, but I'm thinking the Target might be a better choice for the chassis.

Got the call today its between $700 and $720 with no idea of the eta and 91 shops/people have then on order
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 09 Feb 2017, 8:25 pm

rsj223 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Got the call today its between $700 and $720 with no idea of the eta and 91 shops/people have then on order

Think a visit to my dealer tomorrow is in order then :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by rsj223 » 09 Feb 2017, 9:22 pm

bladeracer wrote:
rsj223 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Think a visit to my dealer tomorrow is in order then :-)

Whats you thoughts on the what looks like a shorter barrel for target use?
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 09 Feb 2017, 9:51 pm

The MDT chassis on the Ruger Compact.
Attachments
110220171875.jpg
110220171875.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 7470 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by NWhunter » 13 Feb 2017, 10:11 pm

Annie,s are overrated in 22 spotters they live off their target rifles reputation. I would take a Brno model 2 over a Annie any day
NWhunter
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by allan » 15 Feb 2017, 1:18 pm

NWhunter wrote:Annie,s are overrated in 22 spotters they live off their target rifles reputation. I would take a Brno model 2 over a Annie any day

I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion but may I ask how many Anschutz 54 sporters you have owned ?? :welcome:
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by bladeracer » 15 Feb 2017, 4:24 pm

rsj223 wrote:Whats you thoughts on the what looks like a shorter barrel for target use?

I seem to have screwed up and deleted my response to this.

I've emailed Ruger asking if the Rimfire Target has a sport or competition chamber but no response so far.

.22LR only needs 18" of barrel at most, anything longer just increases the time that the bullet can be effected by the shooter.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 15 Feb 2017, 4:33 pm

allan wrote:

If you finish up with one of those Ruger Target versions, I would be most interested to hear your impressions.
Sorry, but my two LA101's aren't going anywhere - Currently in the process of moving on a few rifles including a 17XX Anschutz Custom which would pay for half a dozen Lithgows - Does that tell you something !!![/quote]

yep .... and if I had the funds I would have a 101 in 17 as well 8-) I already have 2 mags for it :lol:
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 16 Feb 2017, 5:59 pm

deye243 wrote:
allan wrote:

Sorry, but my two LA101's aren't going anywhere - Currently in the process of moving on a few rifles including a 17XX Anschutz Custom which would pay for half a dozen Lithgows - Does that tell you something !!![/quote]

yep .... and if I had the funds I would have a 101 in 17 as well 8-) I already have 2 mags for it :lol:

I have my name (and deposit) on one of them but it'll be a few months away apparently.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by rsj223 » 24 Feb 2017, 9:28 pm

Ordered a Ruger american target .22 but could take up to 2 months to get here so the LGS has a CZ452 HB for about $850 used what your thoughts on this until the Roger hits my hands
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 25 Feb 2017, 3:33 am

bladeracer wrote:
deye243 wrote:
allan wrote:

I have my name (and deposit) on one of them but it'll be a few months away apparently.

I don't know why as 2 weeks ago the distributer had 7 in stock opps that was the same as mine black cerakote lam stock

very interested in the 17 as they have a cut barrel
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 25 Feb 2017, 3:41 am

deye243 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:I have my name (and deposit) on one of them but it'll be a few months away apparently.

I don't know why as 2 weeks ago the distributer had 7 in stock opps that was the same as mine black cerakote lam stock

very interested in the 17 as they have a cut barrel

I wasn't aware that any had reached Oz for resale as yet.

Do you mean the .17 is not a hammer-forged barrel?
Still says Cold Hammer-Forged in the specs - http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRimfireTarget/specSheets/8350.html

I would've thought a cut barrel would be the last thing you'd want in a .17 bore?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 25 Feb 2017, 6:59 am

Wires crossed.
Deye is talking about Lithgow!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by rsj223 » 07 Mar 2017, 7:12 am

I asked Ruger about accuracy and this was the response,
"We do not make a guarantee of accuracy for the American Rimfire Target beyond what is advertised on our website. We do factory test the firearm for function only.
Ruger Customer Service"
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 07 Mar 2017, 8:08 am

rsj223 wrote:I asked Ruger about accuracy and this was the response,
"We do not make a guarantee of accuracy for the American Rimfire Target beyond what is advertised on our website. We do factory test the firearm for function only.
Ruger Customer Service"

Can't see that it matters what they say, there are enough happy Ruger shooters that can tell you how accurate they are under real world conditions.
You're welcome to have a play with mine when I get it, although they're still not giving any delivery estimates.

I've been told now that the Target is still a sporting chamber, not a match chamber so hopefully it'll prefer cheaper ammo.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Flyer » 13 Mar 2017, 6:26 pm

rsj223 wrote:Ordered a Ruger american target .22 but could take up to 2 months to get here so the LGS has a CZ452 HB for about $850 used what your thoughts on this until the Roger hits my hands

452 - me rikey velly much! 5-shot groups - my 452 sporter barrel will do this all day @ 50m

DSC_0023.jpg
DSC_0023.jpg (724.92 KiB) Viewed 7488 times

DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0012.jpg (665.21 KiB) Viewed 7488 times
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by rsj223 » 13 Mar 2017, 7:59 pm

Thats great wanna sell it lol
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Flyer » 14 Mar 2017, 2:25 am

Funny, I bought two rifles at the same time - the 452 just mentioned and a new 455. I ended up selling the 455, but I'll never sell my 452!

455vs452.jpg
455vs452.jpg (66.15 KiB) Viewed 7472 times

455 top, 452 bottom
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by Tomek » 15 Mar 2017, 2:24 pm

Man your rifles are so cool. After some holidaying, I plan to go to one of the next LR bench sub-clubs at Little River in Vic soon. The range officer said I could get the other people to shoot my cz455 rifle and I could try theirs. At this point, getting a tight group would make me cry lol.
Tomek
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by rsj223 » 23 Mar 2017, 9:16 pm

bladeracer wrote:
rsj223 wrote:I asked Ruger about accuracy and this was the response,
Ruger Customer Service"

Can't see that it matters what they say, there are enough happy Ruger shooters that can tell you how accurate they are under real world conditions.
You're welcome to have a play with mine when I get it, although they're still not giving any delivery estimates.

I've been told now that the Target is still a sporting chamber, not a match chamber so hopefully it'll prefer cheaper ammo.

Well it appears that the "target" may just be a re-stocked OD Green Ruger, your thoughts...
http://www.ruger.com/products/americanR ... /8334.html
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 24 Mar 2017, 12:21 pm

rsj223 wrote:Well it appears that the "target" may just be a re-stocked OD Green Ruger, your thoughts...

As far as I've been able to work out the only functional difference is the threaded heavier barrel. Everything else is the same as any other Ruger American Rimfire. The Predator has a barrel profile in between the Target and Standard, but I think it was a limited production run. I think maybe the Tactical has a slightly heaver barrel than standard?

Still no further updates on arrival estimates :-(
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by rsj223 » 24 Mar 2017, 7:41 pm

bladeracer wrote:
rsj223 wrote:Well it appears that the "target" may just be a re-stocked OD Green Ruger, your thoughts...

As far as I've been able to work out the only functional difference is the threaded heavier barrel. Everything else is the same as any other Ruger American Rimfire. The Predator has a barrel profile in between the Target and Standard, but I think it was a limited production run. I think maybe the Tactical has a slightly heaver barrel than standard?

Still no further updates on arrival estimates :-(

Well I cant get very far with Ruger they just send back the links to the spec's on both rifles that read very much the same but yes the target barrel does look thicker, One more email I think.
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles