PTAs almost here, finally :)

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

PTAs almost here, finally :)

Post by alby » 09 Dec 2016, 1:04 pm

My PTA's are now issued on screen, just waiting on the snail mail to deliver them. So close now......man it feels like I've been waiting forever.

Waiting for me at LGS is a Lithgow 22lr in laminate/titanium (already nicknamed Lamb Tit hehe) with a Burris rimfire scope, 2 pardus single barrels in both 12g and .410 take care of more practical needs, plus a stoeger air rifle just because :D :D 8-)
alby
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: PTAs almost here, finally :)

Post by brett1868 » 09 Dec 2016, 1:34 pm

Cool, the next few days will pass very slowly. Last Longarm PTA took 3 business days from status change till delivered so you should see yours probably Tuesday.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 09 Dec 2016, 4:02 pm

You didn't say when you lodged it, so I've got no idea how long you've actually been waiting.

But I'm willing to bet you havnt been waiting as long as me.
The last PTA that I lodged was on 27th Sept 2016

All hurdles have been jumped, and there is nothing else to be lodged according to WLB.

Just patiently waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, patience is getting pretty thin tho.

:violin:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bullet » 09 Dec 2016, 5:07 pm

Die Judicii wrote:The last PTA that I lodged was on 27th Sept 2016

that's a long wait...! Very different state by state I guess... Just finally got my licence and trying to decide what to get, then the long wait (28 days minimum here in VIC for first one...)
bullet
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 09 Dec 2016, 5:16 pm

Die Judicii wrote:You didn't say when you lodged it, so I've got no idea how long you've actually been waiting.

But I'm willing to bet you havnt been waiting as long as me.
The last PTA that I lodged was on 27th Sept 2016

All hurdles have been jumped, and there is nothing else to be lodged according to WLB.

Just patiently waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, patience is getting pretty thin tho.

:violin:

I'm not so upset now about waiting 12 working days for a High Cal Pistol PTA :D
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Dec 2016, 8:37 pm

Shees in Victoria a few hours or next day is the norm. :crazy:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 09 Dec 2016, 9:41 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Shees in Victoria a few hours or next day is the norm. :crazy:

My experience also, they're pretty fast here in Vic.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 10 Dec 2016, 12:50 am

My most recent additional license (we don't have ptas over here, full license applications) was three weeks exactly to have my new license in my letterbox
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by alby » 10 Dec 2016, 9:41 am

I sent them in on 4 Nov. They took my money and showed lodged status on screen on the 8th. Showed as valid on 8th Dec so I guess that's fairly standard in nsw for first time pta lodgement. Feels like longer though lol. The process just seems to take an eon. Was late August when did the course and embarked on the lodgement process. The bureaucratic process is almost soul sucking, but thankfully it's almost over.

Now the missus is showing interest and wants to do the course. Plus she now tells me she thought my gun budget was gonna be 5k, but I was working on 2k :o Wow thanks darling for telling me that after the fact :sarcasm: Well I guess that leaves some wiggle room to get "her" something in the safe when she's all licenced up. Damn my 5 gun safe is looking pretty small right now :crazy:
alby
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles