What are some ridiculous shooting myths/tales you've heard?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: What are some ridiculous shooting myths/tales you've hea

Post by Gwion » 13 Feb 2017, 7:59 am

bigfellascott wrote:
brett1868 wrote:
superdave wrote:from the movies again: The hero is almost always shot in the shoulder. Never has his jaw blown off or is shot in the foot or the spine or the butt, never has to live in a wheelchair afterwards.

Forrest Gump....Shot in the buttocks :)
How is it that in movies the good guys can head shoot @ 50m with a snub nose revolver (Lethal Weapon) then in the next scene can't hit jack s**t with 6 rounds?

I love the scenes where full automatic rifles are used and they can't hit s**t, them some one lets a shot off with a handgun and never misses :lol:

Come on guys. Lethal Weapon went to great pains to establish both Riggs and Murtaugh's shooting skills. Riggs could draw and then print a smiley face at the range in about 2seconds, where as Murtaugh could place one shot at range very accurately but took ages to go through his 'ritual'. Man. I don't know... it's obvious that these guys were far better than any run of the mill henchman!!! Do you even watch movies or just wait for gun to appear???

:ugeek: :crazy: :wtf: :huh: :lol: :drinks: :friends: :sarcasm: :allegedly:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Feb 2017, 8:20 am

The movie is actually Lethal 'Weepon', which is Afrikaans for 'Kaffir lover'.... what ever that means... ;)
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by snag » 14 Feb 2017, 5:25 pm

"Riggs could draw and then print a smiley face at the range in about 2seconds,"

If you count the shots he fires and then the holes in the target, you'll see that there's one too many holes. Must have had a magic "JFK" special....
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles