Norinco JW-15A

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Norinco JW-15A

Post by in2anity » 01 Feb 2017, 6:39 am

Oldbloke wrote:"Lever 22s are ok for plinking, but for those longer precise head shots on bunnies a bolt gun does it better."

Spot on. Bolt actions are the most accurate.

in2anity wrote:
deye243 wrote:I have a mate with a henry leaver 22 that damn thing will shoot .5 - .75 with ccl mini mags :roll: :crazy:

trigger is better than my LA101

Yeah agreed - whilst I'm definitely also guilty of making the whole "bolts are more accurate than levers" statement in the past, it's a pretty big generalisation. Stereotypically this is true, but if you take it on a gun-by-gun basis, there are always exceptions to the rule.

From what I've read, those old Marlin 39As sound like the ultimate plinker - the ergonomics of a lever with the accuracy of a bolt. Pity they're as rare as hens teeth down under... :(

happyhunter wrote:I didn't say more accurate. I said bolts are better for precise long shots. If you are going to be shooting over long distances from a supported shooting position you don't use a lever. gun. Now, before all the lever lovers start ranting about how accurate their mates john Wayne is have a think about the type of action people generally choose for long range shooting and why.

Deep breaths buddy, deep breaths :drinks:
Last edited by in2anity on 01 Feb 2017, 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by happyhunter » 01 Feb 2017, 6:41 am

For what?
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by in2anity » 01 Feb 2017, 6:43 am

happyhunter wrote:For what?

Helps with the anger :sarcasm: :friends:
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Feb 2017, 5:56 pm

So, which type of rifle dominates the long range target shooting comps? Lever, pump, semi auto, or bolt action?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 01 Feb 2017, 6:02 pm

in2anity wrote:
happyhunter wrote:For what?

Helps with the anger :sarcasm: :friends:

I've been told buy a few people that I have no emotions and anger is an emotion so this is definitely a step forward :D
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Buddy77 » 01 Feb 2017, 7:24 pm

I just came back from 7 weeks the the US and the prices for bolt actions and 39A's will make you cry, there must be some kind of firearms import tax as with difference in the Australian dollar they are still very cheap.
Buddy77
Recruit
Recruit

Northern Territory

Post by in2anity » 01 Feb 2017, 7:28 pm

Oldbloke wrote:So, which type of rifle dominates the long range target shooting comps? Lever, pump, semi auto, or bolt action?

Well it depends on the context of the "comp" and the definition of "long range". Nobody's denying F class and Fullbore demand a bolt gun OB. But how about metallic silhouette? The rams are pretty "long range" in my books. Also, a rolling-block creedmore hitting plates at 1000yds seems to defy logic :o - point is there are always exceptions to the rules...
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by in2anity » 01 Feb 2017, 7:28 pm

Buddy77 wrote:I just came back from 7 weeks the the US and the prices for bolt actions and 39A's will make you cry, there must be some kind of firearms import tax as with difference in the Australian dollar they are still very cheap.

This makes me sad :(
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Feb 2017, 8:50 pm

Could be tax, would not surprise me. But doesn't noia pretty much have a monopoly?

Re-most accurate. Silly discussion. Bolts r most accurate. Most suitable or preferred is different. Bolts, pumps, levers, break open all have a place. Like levers myself.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 02 Feb 2017, 4:26 am

Buddy77 wrote:I just came back from 7 weeks the the US and the prices for bolt actions and 39A's will make you cry, there must be some kind of firearms import tax as with difference in the Australian dollar they are still very cheap.

You mates get screwed every which way :( Remember when I posted our prices on Aussy ammo? Somebody, somewhere is laughing all the way to the bank. I don't buy their rap.

But I still want a Norinco. They cost a fortune here because we can't import them since the 90s. Thanks Clinton!
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles