Time for new rifle - Advice

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Time for new rifle - Advice

Post by happyhunter » 21 Dec 2016, 9:37 pm

Not a howa.

Never been a fan of Howa myself, but.. a few days back I was handed a new 1500 mini action stainless in 223 Remington with the synthetic stock and I'm now wanting one in 204 Ruger with the varmint barrel once they arrive.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Dec 2016, 11:32 pm

happyhunter wrote:
Not a howa.

Never been a fan of Howa myself, but.. a few days back I was handed a new 1500 mini action stainless in 223 Remington with the synthetic stock and I'm now wanting one in 204 Ruger with the varmint barrel once they arrive.

A mate who loves his Tikka's has seen the light after shooting a HMA 223 a while back, put 20rds into a 20c piece size group at 100m with factory ammo :D

As you know I love mine and will be getting one of the HMA's myself when I sell the Ruger. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by scotty87 » 22 Dec 2016, 5:44 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
scotty87 wrote:Sauer 100, ~$1300 with 2 mags

I was looking at one of these but my mate who works in a gunshop steered me away from them (can't remember why now) but not as well made as some other offerings I think was the basic consensus, he owns the Elegance version if memory serves me correctly which he reckons is over priced and he preferred his tikkas over it for a 3rd the price.

Haven't seen one in the flesh yet but am pretty sold on one down the track, possibly in 270win, the 202 was a pretty respected rifle in Europe.
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Mitch » 23 Dec 2016, 4:26 am

happyhunter wrote:
Not a howa.

Im not a howa fanboy, nor a tikka fanboy. In fact i own 2 of each. Just personal preference that this time i want something nicer
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by sandgroperbill » 23 Dec 2016, 11:53 am

Looking for a safe queen? Have you considered something in full stock?
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Mitch » 23 Dec 2016, 4:32 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:Looking for a safe queen? Have you considered something in full stock?

Dont want full wood. Will be used for hunting and bit of range so lightweight is preffered.
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by sandgroperbill » 23 Dec 2016, 5:21 pm

Perhaps a tikka forest if you prefer timber. They're light and accurate enough and availiable in 6.5x55
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Return to Centerfire rifles