Greens/GCA helping with Adler sale?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Greens/GCA helping with Adler sale?

Post by Gun-nut » 27 Dec 2016, 3:10 pm

How many of you have heard fellow shooters say they were going to buy an adler or some other lever action shotgun, just to spite the left. In fact how many of you have actually done it? Looking at Sunrise's post on their facebook page, where they asked people what they got for Christmas, the entire post was hijacked by shooters posting adler pics. :lol: Seems with all the anti-gun campaigning, all the greens and the likes of GCA have done is increase the sale of these rapid fire death machines...
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Greens/GCA helping with Adler sale?

Post by Supaduke » 27 Dec 2016, 4:01 pm

I am hoping the election of Donald Trump has heralded the start of a new age in politics. An age where people are finally sick to death of do-gooders continually telling people how to live. Finally seeing pro-shooter pollies getting elected to Australian parliament. People generally telling the left to keep their dodgy ideals to themselves.

Viva la revolution!!!
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 27 Dec 2016, 4:08 pm

Supaduke wrote:I am hoping the election of Donald Trump has heralded the start of a new age in politics. An age where people are finally sick to death of do-gooders continually telling people how to live. Finally seeing pro-shooter pollies getting elected to Australian parliament. People generally telling the left to keep their dodgy ideals to themselves.

Viva la revolution!!!

yes but the problem with Australia is we are 20 years behind the us in this regard
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wrenchman » 29 Dec 2016, 8:51 am

i dont no if your guns are taxed the same way they are here but they make a lot of money from gun sales and sporting goods sales and it should be pointed out to the antis
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Bills Shed » 29 Dec 2016, 9:13 am

I do not know how much tax we pay on them but our prices are far in excess of yours! Even if you take into the exchange rate.
Price of projectiles is just crazy.
Back to the topic, I sold my UO 12ga as I did not use it, but now yes, I am thinking of getting a lever gun just to push another needle in.

Bill
Swaging your own projectiles is the ultimate in flexibility.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by juststarting » 29 Dec 2016, 10:21 am

Gun-nut wrote:How many of you have heard fellow shooters say they were going to buy an adler or some other lever action shotgun, just to spite the left. In fact how many of you have actually done it?

Hehehe, me on all counts :twisted:
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by SteamedHam » 29 Dec 2016, 12:15 pm

juststarting wrote:
Gun-nut wrote:How many of you have heard fellow shooters say they were going to buy an adler or some other lever action shotgun, just to spite the left. In fact how many of you have actually done it?

Hehehe, me on all counts :twisted:

Me too. I felt compelled to do my bit - as little as it was, I was unemployed at the time as well lol - probably could have used the money better :lol:
SteamedHam
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 29 Dec 2016, 2:36 pm

So much mis information about the Adler out there.

Was at the range and two guys were talking about it..

Guy one: why buy one when you will have to hand it in when the law changes??
Guy two: no it's only been restricted from importing.. they can't import more but you can buy it if it was here.
Guy one: ohh I thought they moved it to cat D..
Guy two: no they just prohibited the importing..
Hi two: why would you want it anyway, you can't shoot ducks with it, has no sporting application.. it's a waste of money.. (fires the next shot from his lever action rifle). Lever action shotguns have no purpose...

This is how the greens win....
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Archie » 29 Dec 2016, 9:09 pm

I considered buying one, told myself for hunting but really I don't need it, if I'm honest I would have just been buying it to annoy the sorts of people who don't want me to own it. I didn't, because the build quality isn't that great and when I used a mates i really didnt like it (I guess it's not bad for the money, they aren't charging beretta prices after all and you're not going to get upset scratching it in the bush). Might get a BLR for my birthday - not a shotgun, but can buy as many magazines as you want and sure to irritate all the same people freaking out about the Adler.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 29 Dec 2016, 11:04 pm

wrenchman wrote:i dont no if your guns are taxed the same way they are here but they make a lot of money from gun sales and sporting goods sales and it should be pointed out to the antis

The 10%-11% excise taxes (included in purchase price) on firearms, ammo, fishing equipment, and archery equipment goes directly to specific State programs, applied for in advance, for wildlife management, hunter education, public ranges, fishing, etc. Antis don't see a penny of it. I don't like taxes but this is probably one of the few federal taxes where the money goes exactly where it is supposed to and one of the few that has shown true benefit to the citizenry. We have a lot more hunters and tasty fish and animals because of it.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Angel » 01 Jan 2017, 8:35 am

I Plan on buying one just because i can. Actually my LGS has a nice purple one which looks really good. I know they arent the Best around but for $900 odd dollars you really cant complain.
Angel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ed9362 » 01 Jan 2017, 9:53 am

My understanding is firearms and related items attract only the 10% gst that is standard with all items
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by vexesus » 03 Jan 2017, 3:09 pm

Gun-nut wrote:How many of you have heard fellow shooters say they were going to buy an adler or some other lever action shotgun, just to spite the left. In fact how many of you have actually done it? Looking at Sunrise's post on their facebook page, where they asked people what they got for Christmas, the entire post was hijacked by shooters posting adler pics. :lol: Seems with all the anti-gun campaigning, all the greens and the likes of GCA have done is increase the sale of these rapid fire death machines...

I reckon the firearm manufacturers in the US must absolutely love the anti-gun lobby half the time.

Every time there is talk of a buy back everybody goes nuts and stocks up to the ceiling.
vexesus
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 03 Jan 2017, 3:18 pm

vexesus wrote:
Gun-nut wrote:How many of you have heard fellow shooters say they were going to buy an adler or some other lever action shotgun, just to spite the left. In fact how many of you have actually done it? Looking at Sunrise's post on their facebook page, where they asked people what they got for Christmas, the entire post was hijacked by shooters posting adler pics. :lol: Seems with all the anti-gun campaigning, all the greens and the likes of GCA have done is increase the sale of these rapid fire death machines...

I reckon the firearm manufacturers in the US must absolutely love the anti-gun lobby half the time.

Every time there is talk of a buy back everybody goes nuts and stocks up to the ceiling.

I read on FB that the firearms industry in the USA is bracing for a down turn in sales as Trump was elected..
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by happyhunter » 03 Jan 2017, 5:40 pm

happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Return to Centerfire rifles