rangefinder

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: rangefinder

Post by brett1868 » 09 Jan 2017, 6:45 am

I had a ATN X-Sight and after a few months of various problems I got onto the Australian importer and got a refund. The US support guys are next to useless but the local importer is a good guy and getting a refund wasn't a problem so for that reason alone I'd consider them again in the future.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Re: rangefinder

Post by Slant225 » 10 Jan 2017, 8:09 pm

Hey,
I picked up a Kogan 800m Rangefinder for $120 on special (from perhaps $185) with free shipping. I finally got the opportunity to use it down at the range. The optics are 6x25 with 7deg field of view. It seemed to measure the different target distances to within a couple of metres of what I expected. I think the spec sheet says tolerance error is the greater of +- 1m or +-0.1%. Some have rightly mentioned that the non illuminated eyepiece displays are difficult to read in lower light situations and I found this to be the case with the Kogan unit. The reading stays on the display for a second or so I found by looking at the sky or something brighter I could make a reading.
At this moment I'm extremely happy with the purchase. If it continues to work it should fulfill the need I had for it which was to help me learn to better estimate or judge distances.
I understand that it isn't a $5000 industrial measuing laser nor is it a $500 brand name shooting rangefinder so it met my $120 expectations 8-)
Sadly, last I looked they were sold out but if you don't need one immediately they may restock? I'd been watching them for a bit the were on and off sale a couple of times before I bought mine.
Goodluck!
Slant225
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles