First .223

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: First .223

Post by Lokvo » 17 Jan 2017, 12:29 pm

Great points discussed guys! Yes in thinking about it, in the long run and for my own self-improvement in the mechanics of shooting and getting the basics of adjusting down I've pulled trigger on the; Leupold VX-2 6-18x40mm AO. reason being apart from it being a great scope (albeit without BDC) I got it for an amazing price! Since I have a fellow shooter mate (more seasoned though) who suffers from the unfortunate (or rather fortunate for me) tendency to buy/change/splash out for the latest and greatest every so often, so he offered me the Leupold that he'd only had for a couple of months! :D
CZ 455 Varmint .22LR w/ Nikon P-Rimfire 2-7x32 || Henry Lever H001TMV .22LR || Howa 1500 .223REM MDT HS3 Chassis w/ Leupold VX2 6-18x40
Lokvo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 17 Jan 2017, 12:56 pm

Good get. Hope it works out well for you. Will def get you going and you can take your time if and when you decide to upgrade when you will have a better idea exactly what is going to suit your style of shooting.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by in2anity » 17 Jan 2017, 1:19 pm

Lokvo wrote:Great points discussed guys! Yes in thinking about it, in the long run and for my own self-improvement in the mechanics of shooting and getting the basics of adjusting down I've pulled trigger on the; Leupold VX-2 6-18x40mm AO. reason being apart from it being a great scope (albeit without BDC) I got it for an amazing price! Since I have a fellow shooter mate (more seasoned though) who suffers from the unfortunate (or rather fortunate for me) tendency to buy/change/splash out for the latest and greatest every so often, so he offered me the Leupold that he'd only had for a couple of months! :D

Perfect choice - you won't be disappointed :thumbsup:
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bobnob » 18 Jan 2017, 5:19 am

Nice score. Should work out well. Good luck!
bobnob
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles