Howa Stock

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Howa Stock

Post by datman » 14 Jan 2017, 4:48 pm

I'm trying to see if there is any where in Aus that sells the Knox axiom ultralight stock at a reasonable price. The US have them at good prices but I haven't found any that will ship to Aus. It's for a 1500 in 270.

Cheers
datman
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Re: Howa Stock

Post by pomemax » 14 Jan 2017, 5:27 pm

Short answer NO there aint
I just went throught the same spent 6 months looking for the sent emails to Noia and all to no avail all i can suggest is keep your eyes on second hand adverts in online adds they dont come up very often when they do they go quick be prepaird to pay more than new price. Blackhawk do not make them any more . Stocks are just shelf stock .
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jan 2017, 6:06 pm

datman wrote:I'm trying to see if there is any where in Aus that sells the Knox axiom ultralight stock at a reasonable price. The US have them at good prices but I haven't found any that will ship to Aus. It's for a 1500 in 270.

Cheers

http://www.legear.com.au/axiom-u-l-rifle-stock-camo-rem

Price looks great to me.
I paid $750-ish to build my MDT LSS chassis.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by datman » 14 Jan 2017, 8:15 pm

http://www.legear.com.au/axiom-u-l-rifle-stock-camo-rem

Price looks great to me.
I paid $750-ish to build my MDT LSS chassis.[/quote]

Cheers Blade, it looks like a possibility, just seems a little hard to swallow considering they can be had for around $170 US. Might have to try and kid a US contact to break it down and post it to me . Slim chance so this looks like an alternative.
datman
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jan 2017, 9:21 pm

datman wrote:Cheers Blade, it looks like a possibility, just seems a little hard to swallow considering they can be had for around $170 US. Might have to try and kid a US contact to break it down and post it to me . Slim chance so this looks like an alternative.

Might be worth sending a message to Brownells.com.au and ask if they can get it for you. Probably not going to save a heap bringing it in though.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by pomemax » 14 Jan 2017, 10:38 pm

http://www.legear.com.au/axiom-u-l-rifle-stock-camo-rem check out how many
Available Stock(s): 0 has been that way for months
Brownells.com.au is a desk at Brownells.com and they can not go against ITAR they will not pay for the export licence only guy who will export is in UK but he wants 400 500 uk pounds and they aint worth that may be beter of building a MDT LSS chassis
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 14 Jan 2017, 11:29 pm

Maybe check out the "Lucky 13" range of stocks and chassis.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 15 Jan 2017, 12:17 am

We are clearing a few XLR Chassis that we have left in stock. Get in quick there are limited numbers!

https://xlrindustries.com/

In Stock:

Element Chassis - $899

Available for Howa short action, Tikka (excludes magnum calibers) and Remington 700 short and long actions. Comes with 5 shot magazine.

Evolution Chassis - $1099

Available for Tikka (excludes magnum and LA calibers) and Remington 700 short and long actions. Comes with 5 shot magazine.

$20 FLAT RATE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN AUSTRALIA

10 round magazines are also available for .223 and .308 sizes for $150 each.

Transferring Dealer: Kemen Australia, Tullamarine, Vic
Dealer License Number: 406-719-21F

Available for viewing at MELBOURNE GUN WORKS showroom, located at 4/6 Ovata Drive, Tullamarine Vic.

Call (03) 8354 7655 or email sales@melbournegunworks.com for enquiries.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Bruce » 16 Jan 2017, 11:24 am

pomemax.

I am not sure where you are getting your information from but it is not correct.
www.brownells.com.au is manned in Australia and is contactable during Australian business hours - 02-61629222
We are licensed to ship approximately 57,000 products to Australia and on to Australian customers and yes we pay extensive ITAR fees.
The MDT stocks are able to be shipped without issue as are Axiom stocks (Axiom's only for Rem 700 at the moment)
https://www.brownells.com.au/index.php? ... t_id=76674
If there is a product you cant see on the local website and would like to purchase it, email me and i will add it for you if at all possible. (some Manufacturers prevent us from exporting from USA - SIG, Leupold and others)
support@brownells.com.au

Happy Shooting to all!

Bruce Brown
Brownells Australia
Bruce
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Post by pomemax » 16 Jan 2017, 12:28 pm

I Stand corrected Bruce thanks for the update .
Do you have anything to do with the internation desk at Brownells .com if you do can you update then to this fact.
When I was using the live chat then a phone call asking about Axiom for the HOWA short action stock they told me that the sock I was after could not be shipped to Australia because of ItAR and that they were no longer in production at the Blackhawk factory and they had ZERO in stock plus they were not sure if they would be making them again if ever .
I was aware that at Brownells .com .au that you have Axiom stock for the Rem 700 but that was not what i was after.
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Lokvo » 16 Jan 2017, 4:21 pm

Hi OP I should be able to provide impressions of the MDT HS3 chassis system for the howa 1500, albeit in .223 in the next couple weeks or so depending on when it arrives and I sort my scope etc out for it.
CZ 455 Varmint .22LR w/ Nikon P-Rimfire 2-7x32 || Henry Lever H001TMV .22LR || Howa 1500 .223REM MDT HS3 Chassis w/ Leupold VX2 6-18x40
Lokvo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 16 Jan 2017, 5:22 pm

pomemax wrote:I Stand corrected Bruce thanks for the update .
Do you have anything to do with the internation desk at Brownells .com if you do can you update then to this fact.
When I was using the live chat then a phone call asking about Axiom for the HOWA short action stock they told me that the sock I was after could not be shipped to Australia because of ItAR and that they were no longer in production at the Blackhawk factory and they had ZERO in stock plus they were not sure if they would be making them again if ever .
I was aware that at Brownells .com .au that you have Axiom stock for the Rem 700 but that was not what i was after.

Mate, Bruce works maybe 70 hours a week - he doesn't spend much time on forums, so if you need to ask him anything, it'd be best if you use the email address he gave.

It's just that I know him and he has zero free time for hobbies.

Cheers
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by datman » 17 Jan 2017, 8:36 am

Thanks for the replies guys. One thing for those that are unaware, the 270 is a long action.
I have seen the axiom stock for the remmie for sale, quite cheaply as well. Even went through my head about getting it to see if I could modify it to fit the Howa, briefly.
datman
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by bigfellascott » 17 Jan 2017, 9:26 am

There was one on AHN but it was a short action - sold for $150 - maybe try putting a wanted post on the diff forums and see what happens.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by pomemax » 17 Jan 2017, 12:51 pm

bigfellascott wrote:There was one on AHN but it was a short action - sold for $150 - maybe try putting a wanted post on the diff forums and see what happens.

Yep I got that one from Dave in brisbane they are turnning in to hensteeth took some time to find tho
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 17 Jan 2017, 2:46 pm

pomemax wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:There was one on AHN but it was a short action - sold for $150 - maybe try putting a wanted post on the diff forums and see what happens.

Yep I got that one from Dave in brisbane they are turnning in to hensteeth took some time to find tho

Good to hear mate :thumbsup: How do you find it?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by pomemax » 17 Jan 2017, 10:33 pm

Best 150 I ever spent I sent him an extra bit for postage and handlng I had it here in 3 day on the action in 4
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Jan 2017, 4:11 am

pomemax wrote:Best 150 I ever spent I sent him an extra bit for postage and handlng I had it here in 3 day on the action in 4

Sounds great mate. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Centerfire rifles