Good experience with Nioa - Adler warranty claim

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Good experience with Nioa - Adler warranty claim

Post by Pythonkeeper » 20 Jan 2017, 2:05 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post up the positive experience I had recently dealing with Nioa regarding a warranty claim for my Adler A-110.

Purchased the gun around the last week of October 2016, Adler A-110 all weather. I was impressed with the gun right away, it looked good, the action was smooth to cycle and the rifle sights were quick to find when bought up the shoulder quickly, light weight to carry around.

I think it was the second time I'd taken it out in the field I was on a night walk and was caught in a bit of rain on the way back to camp and the gun got wet, I didn't think this would be a problem as it's and all weather, still I wiped it dry and gave it a wipe over with a silicon cloth and placed it in my swag beside me (bone dry in there) and went to sleep. When I woke the next morning I looked at the gun and there was rust spots on the barrel and pitting starting to show on the receiver (aluminium), I thought well that sucks but not much I can do about it and sprayed it with oil and gave a good scrub and continued to use it.
Over the next couple of days it got a little bit worse but I was happy with it mechanically so kind of just accepted it and moved on.
After another couple of trips the pitting/corrosion on the receiver got progressively worse and a little unsightly, I'm guessing my sweaty hands helped it allong but still not really acceptable as I've never had trouble like this with any other firearm and this was suppose to be the durable "all weather coated model" which is one of the reasons I bought it. The barrel didn't get any worse after the first instance so it must have been the rain water that caused the issue, again "all weather" so it shouldn't have been affected by a little water even if I didn't dry it off and oil it.
Anyway fast forward a week or two after the last trip out it got the better of me and I took it back to the dealer to ask about warranty claim. They hadn't seen one like it before and after filling out the relevant paperwork etc I left it with them and they sent it back to Nioa to be repaired or replaced, this all went down last Thursday from memory.

Well a week later (yesterday morning) I got a call from Keith (great bloke to deal with) from the Nioa service department and he said we're replacing your Adler and he was just ringing to see (for their records) what the gun had been through etc..and he also wanted to know if I wanted the same model replacement or a different model and so on and so forth. Anyway we chatted for a while about my options and I bought up the idea of getting a blued model and getting it cerrakoted (at my expense), Keith thought it was a great idea but took it a step further and suggested that they strip my gun down and cerakote it in their facility at their cost. He asked what colour I had on my mind and I said burnt bronze which happened to be his favourite colour also, this sparked a bit of excitement as it was a great little project for him to do. He said it should all be fine to do but he'll just make sure with the man up stairs and get back to me.
I was expecting to hear back from him within a few days or so, but around 5 hours later after the initial phone conversation I get a text message from Keith with photos of my newly cerakoted Adler saying "it came up nice", I was blown by how quick it was done and thought it was great how they went the extra mile to actually contact me with pictures as soon as they'd finished. From the photos the job look very professional and I'm stoked with the way it came up, they were even able to laser etch the Adler logos and serial number onto the gun and as a personal touch I they etch my name on the barrel in the same italic font as the Adler under the ejection port. Should be on the way back to the dealers today, can't wait to see it in person.

Massive thumbs up to Nioa for their excellent customer service and great communication, big thanks to Keith who was an absolute gentleman to deal with...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here's a few pics to finish the story.... :D

Cheers,
Pythonkeeper
Attachments
IMG_3199.JPG
IMG_3199.JPG (47.51 KiB) Viewed 3434 times
IMG_0855.JPG
IMG_0855.JPG (602.05 KiB) Viewed 3434 times
IMG_0854.JPG
IMG_0854.JPG (574.63 KiB) Viewed 3434 times
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Good experience with Nioa - Adler warranty claim

Post by deye243 » 20 Jan 2017, 6:11 pm

that is very cool 8-)

just be carful as it will chip if you bump the edge of the safe
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Pythonkeeper » 20 Jan 2017, 6:55 pm

Cheers mate, I'm pretty chuffed with it, something a bit different.

Yeah I'm always careful with my gear.
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 20 Jan 2017, 6:56 pm

Ha ha !!! Awsome outcome !

You've possibility got the coolest Adler in the country now.

Great to hear that Noia was more than helpful.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Browning » 20 Jan 2017, 7:09 pm

I've also got nothing but good things to say about them. Had a problem with a couple of pins that fell out after chasing some pigs across some rough stubble.
They fixed it up no questions asked, free of charge. Asked if I was interested in a new one but the action is so smooth now, it would take a major prob for me to swap it....
The boys at Rebel were also bloody great to deal with as always. Big thumbs up.
Browning
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Pythonkeeper » 20 Jan 2017, 7:17 pm

Thanks mate, like you said awesome outcome that I'm very happy about, I got my gun back which I was in two minds about returning as I was more than happy with how it functioned, I didn't want to possibly get a clunky knuckle buster one as a replacement so I was close to overlooking the cosmetics in favour of function but the problem was it was getting worse ever time I looked at it so it had to be returned before I ended up with just a plastic stock sitting in the bottom of the safe...;)
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Pythonkeeper » 20 Jan 2017, 7:33 pm

What model have you got Browning? Blued, all weather etc?....mine is the only one they've had with the corrosion problem (so far), it seems the rain water got it started and opened it up becoming susceptible to the sweat from my hands, the cerakote should hopefully sort the problem out, I'd expect it to be far more durable and impervious to the elements than the nickel coating.
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 20 Jan 2017, 10:23 pm

I havn't had a shotty for 27 years and this thing and the best sales team in the country (the media and the antis) has got me wanting another fungun :lol: 8-)
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Browning » 20 Jan 2017, 10:56 pm

Pythonkeeper wrote:What model have you got Browning? Blued, all weather etc?....mine is the only one they've had with the corrosion problem (so far), it seems the rain water got it started and opened it up becoming susceptible to the sweat from my hands, the cerakote should hopefully sort the problem out, I'd expect it to be far more durable and impervious to the elements than the nickel coating.

Mines just a 20" blued with timber stock. Don't get me wrong, it's no oil painting, but as a scrub gun, it's bloody awesome.......
It's perfect for what I do. It's been rained on plenty of times and I just spray some ballistol on it and give it a wipe down when I come in.....
It's rough, and considering what it gets put through, it does well for an $800 piece of kit. I certainly don't mind knocking it around a bit unlike other gear....
Browning
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Pythonkeeper » 20 Jan 2017, 11:59 pm

deye243 wrote:I havn't had a shotty for 27 years and this thing and the best sales team in the country (the media and the antis) has got me wanting another fungun :lol: 8-)

Get one mate, you know you want to......do it for your country.... :thumbsup:

Plenty of different configurations to choose from too to suit your individual taste..........I quite like the look of some of the tactical models and the rockstar is very nice in the flesh too.....
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Pythonkeeper » 21 Jan 2017, 12:07 am

Mines just a 20" blued with timber stock. Don't get me wrong, it's no oil painting, but as a scrub gun, it's bloody awesome.......
It's perfect for what I do. It's been rained on plenty of times and I just spray some ballistol on it and give it a wipe down when I come in.....
It's rough, and considering what it gets put through, it does well for an $800 piece of kit. I certainly don't mind knocking it around a bit unlike other gear....[/quote]

I purchased mine for the same job mate, for a chuck around scrub gun, that's why I chose the "all weather" over the blued thinking it would be a little more durable, must have copped a lemon as far as finish goes but all is good now.
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Pythonkeeper » 03 Feb 2017, 8:34 am

Just quick update with pics, got it back on the Monday following the repair, absolutely stoked with the finish, it looks amazing in person and still feels like the same gun (cos it is)......great service from both Nioa and Celaver Firearms..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Attachments
IMG_3223.JPG
IMG_3223.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3211 times
IMG_3221.JPG
IMG_3221.JPG (1.02 MiB) Viewed 3211 times
IMG_3220.JPG
IMG_3220.JPG (866.1 KiB) Viewed 3211 times
Pythonkeeper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles