Queensland to Tasmania

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Queensland to Tasmania

Post by Dingo » 21 Jan 2017, 8:27 pm

G'day looking on going on a trip to tazzie from Queensland flying down with fire arms what is the best way to not run into problems within airports or dealing with security ect
styer 223 & 308 & a lack of $$$
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Queensland to Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 22 Jan 2017, 8:32 am

Dingo wrote:G'day looking on going on a trip to tazzie from Queensland flying down with fire arms what is the best way to not run into problems within airports or dealing with security ect

Probably the best way would be to talk to your carrier and ask them how they require you to transport your firearms.

Or just have your dealer send them to a dealer over there?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 22 Jan 2017, 1:37 pm

No worries - get in touch with your carrier in plenty of time before you depart re carriage requirements. Also, storage facilities wherever your staying.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Dingo » 22 Jan 2017, 7:15 pm

cheers for the answers I guessed as much . storage won't be a problem . Will look up requirements on the tas police website as to if there is anything I required from me as a visitor in the state
styer 223 & 308 & a lack of $$$
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Jan 2017, 9:07 pm

Google transporting firearm with <insert your airline>
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Hatter » 23 Jan 2017, 2:02 pm

Just book it in with your carrier, check all all the packaging requirements as they're pretty specific, then drop them off at the special luggage section on the day.

No biggie.
30-06 Steyr 98 -- .243W Steyr Pro Varmint -- 32-20 WCF Winchester 1885 -- 223 Remington 700 5R
Hatter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles