Pardus straight pull

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Pardus straight pull

Post by Gun-nut » 25 Jan 2017, 7:04 pm

What do you think? I reckon it might be handy on pigs and it certainly looks better then their lever action offerings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ks0k58DRV8
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Pardus straight pull

Post by albat » 25 Jan 2017, 7:30 pm

Looks good how much are they and are they faster than a lever gun?
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by slickncghia » 25 Jan 2017, 8:00 pm

This won't end well lol. Please no rappid shooting YouTube video people.

I like it allot
slickncghia
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Cryptic » 25 Jan 2017, 9:01 pm

Double sided pull bolt. Could see someone rigging a L shaped slip over bracket to work it like a pump.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gun-nut » 25 Jan 2017, 10:28 pm

slickncghia wrote:This won't end well lol. Please no rappid shooting YouTube video people.

I like it allot

It won;t matter, the Greens and GCA want all out guns gone. And they;re coming after them all soon. Luckily for us, shooters are becoming aware and united, if we stick together and fight, then there is no reason to hide what guns we have.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by TheDude » 26 Jan 2017, 7:03 am

albat wrote:Looks good how much are they and are they faster than a lever gun?

From Queensland gun exchange email yesterday
https://youtu.be/0Ks0k58DRV8
Code Description Price
BA112S20B Pardus BA12 Tube Fed Bolt Action 12GA Shotgun 20" Synthetic Stock $999.00
BA112W28B Pardus BA12 Tube Fed Bolt Action 12GA Shotgun 28" Walnut Stock $999.00
BA212S28B Pardus BA12 Mag Fed Bolt Action 12GA Shotgun 29" Synthetic Stock $999.00
BA212S20B Pardus BA12 Mag Fed Bolt Action 12GA Shotgun 20" Synthetic Stock $999.00
BA212T18B Pardus BA12 Mag Fed Bolt Action 12GA Shotgun 18" Tactical $1,275.00

Code Description Price
BA12STOCK1 Pardus BA12 Metal Telescopic Stock $245.00
BA12STOCK2 Pardus BA12 Fixed Long Pistol Grip Stock $199.00
BA2125MAG Pardus BA12 5 Shot Detachable Magazine 12 Gauge $185.00
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by happyhunter » 26 Jan 2017, 9:19 am

I like the straight pull idea. You see a lot of AR style rifles with the same ambidextrous action. A BA12 with a 20" rifled barrel would be great scrub gun.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Mitch » 26 Jan 2017, 9:43 am

There has been another one out for a few months already
Mitch
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Itshurting » 26 Jan 2017, 4:37 pm

Looks good but I do love my Pardus Lax12.
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars".

Remington
Henry
Mossberg
Krico
Cashmore
Pardus
Itshurting
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 26 Jan 2017, 10:46 pm

Itshurting wrote:Looks good but I do love my Pardus Lax12.

Any extraction/ejection issues with it? I heard the earlier ones had a different extractor and were having issues.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Itshurting » 27 Jan 2017, 4:26 pm

Gun-nut wrote:
Itshurting wrote:Looks good but I do love my Pardus Lax12.

Any extraction/ejection issues with it? I heard the earlier ones had a different extractor and were having issues.

The whole action was a bit stiff when new,but ran some dummy rounds through it for about a week to loosen it up.
Did the first 150 rounds at a mates property after New Year and it was faultless.
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars".

Remington
Henry
Mossberg
Krico
Cashmore
Pardus
Itshurting
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by RealNick » 31 Jan 2017, 3:45 pm

Looks good.

Seems like it would be more comfortable and easier to keep on target than cycling a lever.
RealNick
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Adlippy » 31 Jan 2017, 4:48 pm

Are they the new nuclear powered models?
Sako Finn Fire II 22lr, Nikon pro staff 3x9x40
Sako Finn fire II 17HMR, Meopta Meopro 3x12x50
Tikka Hunter 22-250 Meopta Meopro 6x18x50
Stoeger condor 12g
Adlippy
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by AnotherMisfire » 04 Feb 2017, 9:16 am

Mitch wrote:There has been another one out for a few months already

Which one mate? I went looking but couldn't find any.

-AM
AnotherMisfire
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Title_II » 04 Feb 2017, 10:00 am

Gun-nut wrote:
slickncghia wrote:This won't end well lol. Please no rappid shooting YouTube video people.

I like it allot

It won;t matter, the Greens and GCA want all out guns gone. And they;re coming after them all soon. Luckily for us, shooters are becoming aware and united, if we stick together and fight, then there is no reason to hide what guns we have.

I can't tell you mates what to do. Every situation is different, and I am not there on the ground. But I can tell you this.

The US went through a very dark period of gun laws from about 1968 to the early 1990s. One of the reasons was, in my opinion, great swaths of the country (especially Eastern and Western seaboards) would not talk about firearms in public. Somehow we came to believe that if we talked about them it would upset our neighbors, or people would rob us, or if our kids knew we had them then they would go looking for them and shoot themselves or others.

Now, with everybody speaking about guns in hushed tones, nobody thinks guns are normal. Obviously, there can only be two types of people that own guns. Hunters and whackos. Competition shooters are sort of a weird bird that nobody can figure out. And while the majority of American households had guns, many polls consistently said otherwise (including a famous one that is rigged). Now that nobody likes guns, only a few odd people and hunters that live in the shadows and speak in hushed tones own guns, and everybody knows not to talk about it, they came after us. Why the heck not? Who was going to fight back? And if you won't even tell your neighbor you own a gun, how are you going to get him (and his kids) interested in firearms? You're not.

The pendulum swung. They pushed us too hard and during the late 80s and certainly the 90s we started fighting back. And it is only accelerating. In more populated areas (where we used to have these problems) they are putting up new gun ranges like Starbucks. Everybody is carrying guns, the AR-15 is the most popular rifle in the nation and has been for 15 years, even back before our Assault Rifle Ban expired.

I've posted this before, here is a concealed carry license map of the US as it has changed over about the last 30 years. Keep in mind this is only about concealed carry, open carry has been legal in most states almost forever. But it still serves as a good barometer.

Again, I am not there and I can't tell you what to do. But in the US we learned that maintaining our rights requires a community, and new generations of shooters, and indoctrinating people into the shooting sports, and even talking to people that don't like guns calmly and sincerely and getting thereby they convince THEMSELVES to at least not hate us and in some cases turn around. Remember, not every anti you know is dyed in the wool. Most are simply anti by default. Your government has made that the default condition. They simply need to have their questions answered sincerely and diplomatically. Never give up an opportunity to talk about this stuff, and never try to push it on people. You will find they will warm up better when it is their own decision, when they trust you as a resource that will not try to argue with them. And always offer to take them shooting :) I've honestly never heard a story of an anti that didn't enjoy it. They may have said it was frightening, or some other touchy feely crap, but they all say they enjoyed it at some level and at least might consider doing it again :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by albat » 04 Feb 2017, 10:07 am

AnotherMisfire wrote:
Mitch wrote:There has been another one out for a few months already

Which one mate? I went looking but couldn't find any.

-AM

https://www.thebarn.net.au/Products/SHS ... 6pageno%3D
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sydor » 05 Feb 2017, 5:22 pm

Title_II wrote:I can't tell you mates what to do. Every situation is different, and I am not there on the ground. But I can tell you this.
Now, with everybody speaking about guns in hushed tones, nobody thinks guns are normal.
And if you won't even tell your neighbor you own a gun, how are you going to get him (and his kids) interested in firearms? You're not.
Again, I am not there and I can't tell you what to do. But in the US we learned that maintaining our rights requires a community, and new generations of shooters, and indoctrinating people into the shooting sports, and even talking to people that don't like guns calmly and sincerely and getting thereby they convince THEMSELVES to at least not hate us and in some cases turn around. Remember, not every anti you know is dyed in the wool. Most are simply anti by default. Your government has made that the default condition. They simply need to have their questions answered sincerely and diplomatically. Never give up an opportunity to talk about this stuff, and never try to push it on people. You will find they will warm up better when it is their own decision, when they trust you as a resource that will not try to argue with them. And always offer to take them shooting :) I've honestly never heard a story of an anti that didn't enjoy it. They may have said it was frightening, or some other touchy feely crap, but they all say they enjoyed it at some level and at least might consider doing it again :)

You are certainly right. If we are afraid to tell others that we shoot, hunt, etc... How could we expect others to support us?
When I answered to others about "how was your weekend", with "Saturday at the range was good. No wind.", or "Got a couple of goats for the freezer", I have not encountered "OMG" or "Curse you evil man!".
Sydor
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles