Pump action .22 Remington 572 vs Henry Pump Action

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Pump action .22 Remington 572 vs Henry Pump Action

Post by pete1 » 16 Feb 2017, 1:50 pm

So been looking for a Pump Action .22 for shooting rabbits and bit of fun.
Come across Remington 572 and Henry Pump Action both look very well made and good guns haven't fired them just looked at the dealer and online.
Wondering anyone own one or played with one and give some feedback on them.
or if you know of other Pump Action .22 im happy to hear about them to
Thanks
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Pump action .22 Remington 572 vs Henry Pump Action

Post by RoginaJack » 16 Feb 2017, 4:55 pm

One of the best pump action 22lr I've owned as a Sportco Model 90, pump action but with a box mag., brilliant! :thumbsup:

Also, a Browning.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by GLS_1956 » 17 Feb 2017, 2:08 am

Pete1:

Like you, I have only looked at the Remington and Henry pump actions at gun stores and gun shows. Here in the US the Remington runs about $150US to $200US more than the Henry. Dimension wise both guns are quite close, but I prefer the feel of Remington's pistol grip stock over that of Henry's, same for the forearm too.

If you intend to scope the gun, I'd go for the Remington, I also prefer the Remington's open sights, since the Remington's enclosed hammer is no something you'll have to work around, maybe Henry offers an offset hammer adapter, in not Marlin's may work. However having an exposed hammer will allow for lowering the hammer during storage.

I do like pump guns. My father taught me on a Winchester Model 61 pump action 22 and the first rifle I bought, 40 plus years back, was a Browning BPR-22. I have both guns by the way.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by samf » 17 Feb 2017, 12:13 pm

RoginaJack wrote:One of the best pump action 22lr I've owned as a Sportco Model 90, pump action but with a box mag., brilliant! :thumbsup:

Looks like a fun little plinker
samf
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 17 Feb 2017, 12:20 pm

Both are well regarded. I have handled both in the LGS. As mentioned the remy is a few hundred more expensive. Both seemed very well made. Both cycled crisply. The remy looked more modern and reminiscent of an 870 shotgun. The Henry looked more traditional cowboy style.

I think it comes down to a choice of aesthetics. Both are good rifles, choose the one you think looks better.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 17 Feb 2017, 2:57 pm

Yeah Samf, simple to reload, just change mags and had the safety of a bolt action when spotlighting...Brilliant.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles