223 Rifle Options

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: 223 Rifle Options

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Feb 2017, 12:21 pm

If I hadn't found my cheap second hand Remington 700 .223 I would have got myself a Remington 700 VLS .223
unnamed.png
unnamed.png (104.93 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by la101 » 18 Feb 2017, 7:04 pm

Proud owner of the older tikka t3 lite .223 and absolutely think you should check the newer one out.
la101
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 20 Feb 2017, 11:23 am

Haven't had an issue witth the mag release yet, but looking at it I could imagine some people accidentally hitting it and a full mag falling out. Easy and best way to alleviate the problem would be to shorten it a tad, it is definitely to long.

But on the flip side...the riffle in this configuration is a.....cheap laser beam (lol) ....Torqued the action screws,.... sighted it in...puts 5 into a 10 cent piece at 100!!!!!!!....and that was with grotty hand loads for one of my other rifles, just to see how the Howa went. Wait till the load development happens, I'm betting one hole stuff.....never in all my days have I seen an outta the box cheaper ranged rifle shoot so well...cannot recommend them highly enough for those wanting a great little rig.

Collector 1
More Brno's than you can poke a stick at..!!!!
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Feb 2017, 6:24 am

COLLECTOR 1 wrote:Haven't had an issue witth the mag release yet, but looking at it I could imagine some people accidentally hitting it and a full mag falling out. Easy and best way to alleviate the problem would be to shorten it a tad, it is definitely to long.

But on the flip side...the riffle in this configuration is a.....cheap laser beam (lol) ....Torqued the action screws,.... sighted it in...puts 5 into a 10 cent piece at 100!!!!!!!....and that was with grotty hand loads for one of my other rifles, just to see how the Howa went. Wait till the load development happens, I'm betting one hole stuff.....never in all my days have I seen an outta the box cheaper ranged rifle shoot so well...cannot recommend them highly enough for those wanting a great little rig.

Collector 1

Thanks for that Collector, sounds like your results are the same as mine re Howa's and how they can shoot. :thumbsup: My mate works at a gun shop and helped sight in one for a customer of his and his results were the same as yours (factory ammo) - he was most impressed and surprised at how well they go for the $$
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Lokvo » 21 Feb 2017, 8:34 am

Nice! just got a Howa myself so that brings warm feelings to my heart lol.
CZ 455 Varmint .22LR w/ Nikon P-Rimfire 2-7x32 || Henry Lever H001TMV .22LR || Howa 1500 .223REM MDT HS3 Chassis w/ Leupold VX2 6-18x40
Lokvo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles