Impulsively bought an Adler, now what?

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Impulsively bought an Adler, now what?

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Feb 2017, 3:55 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
juststarting wrote:FYI - Frankston shotgun range doesn't allow Adler

Pathetic fudds !

It would be interesting to get their reasoning in writing. .. just for a laugh.

I've been blasting clays with my adler for practice and it has certainly helped me learn to cycle the action well while keeping reasonably close to the target. Too bad this particular club can't see the merit in allowing someone to practice their lever action shotgun skills.

Clubs seem to be losing their way and totally forgetting what a clubs fundamental purpose is ... to encourage new people into shooting, to teach safety and marksmanship.

The more I hear about clubs the less interested I get.

Reached that level quite a few years ago now, too many legends and experts for my liking so gave it away completely unless I want to sight in a rifle but hardly even bother with them for that now, rather just head to the paddocks, sort it out there and then go for a hunt, less hassles, less bulls**t and a ****** more fun being in the paddock shooting ferals than at some range shooting holes in cardboard etc, just doesn't do it for me anymore, I love going for a shot then cutting some firewood, to me that's a great day out, not putting up with some over opinionated wannabee who will never be. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gun-nut » 18 Feb 2017, 5:22 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:
juststarting wrote:FYI - Frankston shotgun range doesn't allow Adler

Pathetic fudds !

It would be interesting to get their reasoning in writing. .. just for a laugh.

I've been blasting clays with my adler for practice and it has certainly helped me learn to cycle the action well while keeping reasonably close to the target. Too bad this particular club can't see the merit in allowing someone to practice their lever action shotgun skills.

Clubs seem to be losing their way and totally forgetting what a clubs fundamental purpose is ... to encourage new people into shooting, to teach safety and marksmanship.

The more I hear about clubs the less interested I get.

Reached that level quite a few years ago now, too many legends and experts for my liking so gave it away completely unless I want to sight in a rifle but hardly even bother with them for that now, rather just head to the paddocks, sort it out there and then go for a hunt, less hassles, less bulls**t and a ****** more fun being in the paddock shooting ferals than at some range shooting holes in cardboard etc, just doesn't do it for me anymore, I love going for a shot then cutting some firewood, to me that's a great day out, not putting up with some over opinionated wannabee who will never be. :thumbsup:

Agreed, I also prefer the peace and "quiet" of shooting alone in the bush. Its also a bonus that I don't have to wait to find a bench at the local range.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 18 Feb 2017, 7:17 pm

Never had to wait at Little River.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Ed9362 » 18 Feb 2017, 7:25 pm

If have had to wait a couple of times, get there a bit late on a nice still weekend and your probably gunna have to wait. On the up side the canteen is good place to wait
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 18 Feb 2017, 8:53 pm

pete1 wrote:Wombat is isn't it State Park, cant shoot there to my knowledge.

You're right, its a forest, so you can shoot there....

any park or reserve or sanctuary is a no go one for guns....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.