Verney-Carron Speedline

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Verney-Carron Speedline

Post by bladeracer » 18 Mar 2017, 4:21 pm

duncan61 wrote:I normally agree with you on most point Sungazer but not on this one.It is not a semi auto and not a BAR it functions the same as a bolt action without having to work the bolt. In law abiding hunters hands it is a great tool.

So are semi-autos and handguns...
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 18 Mar 2017, 5:34 pm

Yes. Its a very nice GAS actuated semi-auto with a hold-open function/lever....technically its as close to a semiauto that a repeater gets... Its currently a cat D in Vic..... it will STAY a CAT D in Vic.......... unless there's a monumental shift in gunlaws.

If I'm wrong - I will buy everyone a Beer*+

*Anyone who attends said public bar in Melbourne city that hasn't yet been said...
+I'm pretty sure my money's safe.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by duncan61 » 18 Mar 2017, 5:37 pm

Even if its cat D I still might get one just cos I can.
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 18 Mar 2017, 5:41 pm

duncan61 wrote:Even if its cat D I still might get one just cos I can.

If you can already have Cat D why would you have any interest in this? Get a semi-auto and save the wear and tear on your thumb.
Last edited by bladeracer on 18 Mar 2017, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 18 Mar 2017, 6:24 pm

Its CAT A/B in WA as well as many other states. The CAT D classification ends on the 9th of May in Victoria, whether they decided to keep it a CAT D after that we're not sure. They're certainly considering reclassifying it to CAT A/B however as whenever a trend begins in one or more states, the other states generally tend to follow. If your in Vic start emailing local reps about this and send your concerns if it doesn't get reclassified.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 18 Mar 2017, 6:41 pm

I thought this is the case
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Ed9362 » 18 Mar 2017, 8:00 pm

i have seen a few articles on facebook pages that the speedline has been approved as a cat B in vic, I had a look for the articles but I cant find them.

I guess time will tell
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 18 Mar 2017, 8:12 pm

bladeracer wrote:

If you can already have Cat D why would you have any interest in this? Get a semi-auto and save the wear and tear on your thumb.

hahahahaha I actually AGREE with old BOG....

Dunc, you're either FOS, or you indulge in the occasional LysergicAcidDiethylamide...

If you have a cat D licence, you WONT buy a Adler 5+.... neither a Verney Carrion... YOU"LL BUY an AR10 or similar!! ... you know; AN ACTUAL SEMI AUTO
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by darwindingo » 18 Mar 2017, 9:04 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Yes. Its a very nice GAS actuated semi-auto with a hold-open function/lever....technically its as close to a semiauto that a repeater gets... Its currently a cat D in Vic..... it will STAY a CAT D in Vic.......... unless there's a monumental shift in gunlaws.

If I'm wrong - I will buy everyone a Beer*+

*Anyone who attends said public bar in Melbourne city that hasn't yet been said...
+I'm pretty sure my money's safe.

I hope you are wrong, as free beer is my favorite beer !!! But I suspect this dingo will be buying my own bloody beer :cry:

Anyone offering, catch free, free beer ?? LMK :D

G93 your little *+ stuff makes me think you are a fine print composer :problem: :lol:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Mar 2017, 12:20 am

Noisy in it's operation - different alright but can't see myself acquiring one.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Heckler303 » 19 Mar 2017, 8:28 am

sungazer wrote:Perhaps you are not reading the post the way I meant it.
I said the gun is a slick and nice gun. Very close to a semi auto. perhaps the gun laws are actually softening.

This "While I like the idea of semi autos and full autos after getting a bit older" says I like them still now. As a teenager I was not as responsible and would go out camping with my semi autos and do silly things that probably scared people. IE shooting off lot of rounds making a lot of noise ect.

My opinion is just that "mine" no need to attack me for having one that is different to yours. A thread is just a conversation on the internet. Its not something I am going to go out and campaign on and preach to the world.

Please read and comprehend what I did I say. nothing about law abiding citizens, No I said exactly the opposite "ice addicts and worse" It is not that hard for them to get a license too really and have you seen what rages ice addicts can fly into.

So from what I've just read, as a teenager myself I have been more responsible with firearms than yourself? Huh.

By the way, your posts are making no sense. You just said you arent attacking Law Abiding citizens, then you are saying that Ice addicts are able to get a license easy, and now you think that this is the kind of firearm they would purchase? So that kind of individual already involved in the world of contraband would go through the long and tiring process just to then fork out 2700$?

What kind of Greens have you been smoking exactly? If you are going to post something flawed then generally people ARE going to tell you something back. Please rethink your words before commenting.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Mar 2017, 8:34 am

I said the gun is a slick and nice gun. Very close to a semi auto. perhaps the gun laws are actually softening.

This "While I like the idea of semi autos and full autos after getting a bit older" says I like them still now. As a teenager I was not as responsible and would go out camping with my semi autos and do silly things that probably scared people. IE shooting off lot of rounds making a lot of noise ect.

My opinion is just that "mine" no need to attack me for having one that is different to yours. A thread is just a conversation on the internet. Its not something I am going to go out and campaign on and preach to the world.

Please read and comprehend what I did I say. nothing about law abiding citizens, No I said exactly the opposite "ice addicts and worse" It is not that hard for them to get a license too really and have you seen what rages ice addicts can fly into.

I think a lot of us can relate to that sort of thing as Teenagers - we all do silly things in that stage of our lives and with some luck we learn from it and become better for it I guess. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Mar 2017, 8:36 am

Heckler303 wrote:

So from what I've just read, as a teenager myself I have been more responsible with firearms than yourself? Huh.

By the way, your posts are making no sense. You just said you arent attacking Law Abiding citizens, then you are saying that Ice addicts are able to get a license easy, and now you think that this is the kind of firearm they would purchase? So that kind of individual already involved in the world of contraband would go through the long and tiring process just to then fork out 2700$?

What kind of Greens have you been smoking exactly? If you are going to post something flawed then generally people ARE going to tell you something back. Please rethink your words before commenting.

Would you like a ladder?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by duncan61 » 19 Mar 2017, 10:22 am

I will accept the FOS claim.I just liked it on the video.My big hurdle is my reason to have a 30/06 when I have a 7mm Rem Mag but I am going pigging tomorrow with my mate.I will claim I need faster follow up shots
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by albat » 19 Mar 2017, 11:32 am

albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ed9362 » 19 Mar 2017, 6:56 pm

it would be nice if one of these threads did not turn into a debate as to wether we need/want a semi.

everyone is going to have a different opinion, and it seems silly to expect that everyone who holds a shooters license is going to see the world in the same way.
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 19 Mar 2017, 7:18 pm

Ed9362 wrote:it would be nice if one of these threads did not turn into a debate as to wether we need/want a semi.

everyone is going to have a different opinion, and it seems silly to expect that everyone who holds a shooters license is going to see the world in the same way.

When somebody designs a firearm specifically to get around semi-auto bans then you have to expect the discussion to go that way I think ;-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 19 Mar 2017, 7:20 pm

I would actually consider buying one.... but not on a D licence...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Ed9362 » 19 Mar 2017, 7:45 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Ed9362 wrote:it would be nice if one of these threads did not turn into a debate as to wether we need/want a semi.

When somebody designs a firearm specifically to get around semi-auto bans then you have to expect the discussion to go that way I think ;-)

perhaps.
it just seems to happen a lot.

if they are available I think I will off load the 44mag circuit judge and replace it with one of these, It would make a great pig rig
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 21 Mar 2017, 2:16 am

Deer hunting in England is big business.The market for a breech locking non semi auto rifle in 30/06 or 300WM is massive.Necessity is the mother of invention.I am fascinated with it.
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Mar 2017, 7:35 am

duncan61 wrote:Deer hunting in England is big business.The market for a breech locking non semi auto rifle in 30/06 or 300WM is massive.Necessity is the mother of invention.I am fascinated with it.

Why is that Duncan?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by duncan61 » 21 Mar 2017, 2:06 pm

If I get one I would not fit a scope and keep it for walking the swamps.To be able to send another round without having to work the bolt would be excellent and having the action open till its released is cool
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by juststarting » 21 Mar 2017, 2:12 pm

So back to the original topic, someone mentioned that the shotgun version of that is approved or being reviewed or something, in VIC.

Does anyone have any links to evidence of that?
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 21 Mar 2017, 6:44 pm

juststarting wrote:So back to the original topic, someone mentioned that the shotgun version of that is approved or being reviewed or something, in VIC.

Does anyone have any links to evidence of that?

Both the rifle and shotgun version are being reviewed here in Vic, I'lll send you a link to the facebook face where they have contact with either a worker or a distributor for the firearm here in Oz.

https://www.facebook.com/Firearmownersu ... =3&theater
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 21 Mar 2017, 6:47 pm

"reviewed" guess I am not having that any time soon :(
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 21 Mar 2017, 6:52 pm

juststarting wrote:"reviewed" guess I am not having that any time soon :(

Depends as the "CAT D" classification it currently has expires on the 9th of May, if they follow the other states than we might have a chance of getting it on a CAT A/B licence.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 21 Mar 2017, 6:56 pm

Yeah, hopefully, but I won't hold my breath, considering it's all done on public opinion rather than fact.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by AusTac » 21 Mar 2017, 8:00 pm

Would love one in a multi choke 12g! Looks pricey though the new stg 12 ( i think ) straight pull just came out for $900 so would be intrested to see how these two compare $$$ wise, i know that a bolt release and straight pull are different actions bit still
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by juststarting » 21 Mar 2017, 8:29 pm

Yeah, I'd love that shotty too. I am guessing just shy of $3k based on their other rifles...
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 21 Mar 2017, 8:34 pm

Yeah the price is $2700 for both the shottie and the rifles from what I understand.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Next

Return to Centerfire rifles