Verney-Carron Speedline

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Verney-Carron Speedline

Post by WatchyShooter » 09 May 2017, 9:10 pm

Regardless if people pick them up this is huge, what we need now is someone to get a License to reproduce the more affordable AR and other platform Lever actions.

We will never have mass adoption among shooters when the pricing is high, tooling them and licensing the designs to be made here in AUS would be the greatest thing to happen to choice among firearms in a long time.

You give shooters more choice, you'll get more shooters.
I'd like to see the numbers behind how many new firearms owners picked up the Adler as their first firearm, I think the numbers would be very supportive of another well priced addition to the limited options in Australia.
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by juststarting » 09 May 2017, 9:13 pm

WatchyShooter, spot on.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 09 May 2017, 9:16 pm

juststarting wrote:WatchyShooter, spot on.

Only ones capable of doing it AFAIK would be Lithgow, which would be an amazing feat and also ensure we don't have people turned away due to a "no name" manufacturer kinda how we had NIOA behind the Adler which reassured lots of shooters.
Firearm-less LAFO!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Gun-nut » 09 May 2017, 10:07 pm

juststarting wrote:Well, considering what a decent shotgun costs, $2500 is not that much for a shotgun. The 3k upwards for centrefire I don't think I would like.

I agree completely, the price is reasonable for the shotty, and I'm glad its been classed as a CAT A/B because I bloody want one!
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Cryptic » 09 May 2017, 11:17 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Yes. Its a very nice GAS actuated semi-auto with a hold-open function/lever....technically its as close to a semiauto that a repeater gets... Its currently a cat D in Vic..... it will STAY a CAT D in Vic.......... unless there's a monumental shift in gunlaws.

If I'm wrong - I will buy everyone a Beer*+

*Anyone who attends said public bar in Melbourne city that hasn't yet been said...
+I'm pretty sure my money's safe.

Genesis93 shout in Melbourne fellas. :drinks: :lol:
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 09 May 2017, 11:21 pm

Genesis93, that's two beers you owe me.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 09 May 2017, 11:27 pm

Don't think you owe me a beer genesis93 but I'll happily cheers to this GAS actuated semi-auto with a hold-open function/lever, cause boy is that amazing for it to be classed as the cat it should of been all along
:drinks:
Firearm-less LAFO!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 10 May 2017, 12:05 am

Looks like the SFFP had something to do with it getting reclassified in Vic.

https://www.facebook.com/Jeffrey-Bourma ... 284335592/
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by WatchyShooter » 10 May 2017, 12:32 am

bigfellascott wrote:Looks like the SFFP had something to do with it getting reclassified in Vic.

https://www.facebook.com/Jeffrey-Bourma ... 284335592/

From what I understand the 12 month "temporary reclassification" lapsed and that's why it's Cat B, looks like SFFP has been working to ensure that during the 12 months that we don't have it "permanently reclassified" which is good work.

Now that the "stop&go" or lever actuated system has been brought into AUS anything else is going to only have issues with the "military appearance" laws, we remove them, we can finally have some choice in the way our firearms operate while being within our laws.

It's stupid to say, oh the firearms itself isn't the issue, it's just the way it looks.
Firearm-less LAFO!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 10 May 2017, 9:53 am

YOU GOT ME.

perhaps......

but until the NEXT gazette is published, The fat lady has yet to draw an extended breath and belt out a huge FFFFFAAARRRRKKKKKKKKYYYYUUUUUUUOOOOO to Mikacs gang of so and sos....

This whirlwind of excitation is based on a revised re-categorisation of it NOT appearing in yesterday's gazette.....thats it.....NO advice from the pirate gang confirming the firearm returns to its cat-B!!

We know the Vic gov are a bunch of incompetents and are possibly simply behind schedule to draw up a permanent re-cat, lets hope not, but if this is the final (lack of) word it is INDEED HUGE..... bigger than perhaps many thought, it mean our future will involve many more semi-auto/hydrids.... I see a lever release AR10 with timber furniture.....as long as it is not black, and doesn't resemble an 'obviously' more dangerous and lethal black stocked example......

We WILL beer-on....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by sungazer » 10 May 2017, 1:03 pm

edited due to confusion :crazy:
Last edited by sungazer on 10 May 2017, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by juststarting » 10 May 2017, 1:15 pm

What are you on about, Sungrazer? Talking about Cat Bs here.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 10 May 2017, 1:40 pm

:)
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 10 May 2017, 3:19 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:YOU GOT ME.

perhaps......

but until the NEXT gazette is published, The fat lady has yet to draw an extended breath and belt out a huge FFFFFAAARRRRKKKKKKKKYYYYUUUUUUUOOOOO to Mikacs gang of so and sos....

This whirlwind of excitation is based on a revised re-categorisation of it NOT appearing in yesterday's gazette.....thats it.....NO advice from the pirate gang confirming the firearm returns to its cat-B!!

We know the Vic gov are a bunch of incompetents and are possibly simply behind schedule to draw up a permanent re-cat, lets hope not, but if this is the final (lack of) word it is INDEED HUGE..... bigger than perhaps many thought, it mean our future will involve many more semi-auto/hydrids.... I see a lever release AR10 with timber furniture.....as long as it is not black, and doesn't resemble an 'obviously' more dangerous and lethal black stocked example......

We WILL beer-on....

I agree, its time the appearance laws were dumped for good. If there was a recommendation in WA to remove them, then we must have some chance. I'd say its very possible, with some hard effort, to scrap the appearance laws.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 10 May 2017, 9:39 pm

Watch this space....

Make up of the classification review committee yesterday raised in Parliament by SFFP...., this INTERESTINGLY coincided with them not RE-re-categorising the Speedline........... . . . . . .

THE FACT that 1 member of the 'committee' is necessarily an individual with "ZERO firearms experience"..... . . .. . THIS is why we have all the repeating /lever rifles that are black and resemble semi-autos moved to D!!

...... are those clouds beginning to part... ever so slowly??
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Cryptic » 10 May 2017, 11:10 pm

images (52).jpg
images (52).jpg (20.34 KiB) Viewed 4417 times

18320480_788792671284783_7657258715458158919_o.jpg
18320480_788792671284783_7657258715458158919_o.jpg (110.4 KiB) Viewed 4417 times
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 10 May 2017, 11:50 pm

I actually read it in his voice...
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Cryptic » 11 May 2017, 12:06 am

juststarting wrote:I actually read it in his voice...

:lol: :lol: My bad everytime I read the words good news or someone says it I get the professor in my head so had to do it.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 11 May 2017, 3:11 pm

And so it begins. $3,295.

Yeah, nah.
Also, bit heavy for my use. But I'd like a tactical aftermarket stock for it. And maybe $1,500 off the price :(. That would make a nice range toy :) very nice in deed.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 11 May 2017, 7:07 pm

juststarting wrote:And so it begins. $3,295.

Yeah, nah.
Also, bit heavy for my use. But I'd like a tactical aftermarket stock for it. And maybe $1,500 off the price :(. That would make a nice range toy :) very nice in deed.

Any idea of the specific weight?
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 11 May 2017, 7:41 pm

---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 11 May 2017, 8:08 pm

juststarting wrote:Yep, http://bfy.tw/Bj58

Well played sir...well played. :lol:

At 3.150kg, I'd say anything lighter wouldn't be the most practical for 30.06 or 300wm. Especially when the design is built for faster follow up shots.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 11 May 2017, 10:29 pm

wonder if the tactical quad rails, AR stock, pistol grip, extended mag are available yet?? :lol: :P :wtf:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles