Verney-Carron Speedline

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Verney-Carron Speedline

Post by Gun-nut » 15 Mar 2017, 2:14 pm

It appears after extensive testing by the A.G department and the AFP, that the Verney-Carron Speedline has been approved as a CAT B firearm for import. The Victorian Police Commissioner has made the firearm CAT D until more testing could be completed. The result of their testing is due in May. Calibres are currently 300WM and 3006Spr. A shotgun version is being planned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOncnvfSno
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Verney-Carron Speedline

Post by albat » 15 Mar 2017, 3:38 pm

Looks the goods bet its expensive though
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Cryptic » 15 Mar 2017, 3:46 pm

Watch GCA throw a fit and campaign like they did adlers.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Heckler303 » 15 Mar 2017, 3:49 pm

GCA can spit the dummy all the want, the best thing we can do as a shooting fraternity is to simply ignore them as much as possible, but counter their arguments where necessary. The lies they spill is on par with being told we don't need anything that holds anything more than a single round, or that no one is trying to take our guns away.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Gun-nut » 15 Mar 2017, 4:35 pm

Exactly we shouldn't fear the greens or GCA, instead we should unite and defend our precious sport. I honestly couldn't care less about what they say, what I care about is what shooters are willing to do to make sure our sport survives for future generations to enjoy.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 15 Mar 2017, 4:46 pm

Update: The shotgun version has been released and looks like it will be given a CAT A classification (this is the case in WA, unsure about the other states but should be the same in most and hopefully Victoria). The price on one of these isn't exactly cheap unfortunately, your looking at around $2700.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 15 Mar 2017, 11:51 pm

Now that is a hunting rifle.Manualy cycled for fast follow up shots I need/want one right now.I dont got a 30/06 or 300WM
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Ed9362 » 18 Mar 2017, 10:02 am

Does anyone know who the importer for Verny is?
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 18 Mar 2017, 11:21 am

I am not sure I'd make use of one in available centre fire calibers (don't mistake my 'no use' for I don't want one, because I need them all!), but the shotgun! OMG I need it like yesterday! I want one!!!!!
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 18 Mar 2017, 12:00 pm

This has got around semi auto cos it is not semi auto but its pretty close.I watched it again and the lever is a bolt release I did not pick that up first time.Doing the paperwork now
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by juststarting » 18 Mar 2017, 12:38 pm

duncan61 wrote:This has got around semi auto cos it is not semi auto but its pretty close.I watched it again and the lever is a bolt release I did not pick that up first time.Doing the paperwork now

You buying one?!
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by albat » 18 Mar 2017, 12:48 pm

Great timing on the release just after the nfa to blindside the antis patting themselves on the back after getting rid of that cowboy gun
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 18 Mar 2017, 12:54 pm

I was just thinking about that. It's hilarious.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 18 Mar 2017, 1:11 pm

sungazer wrote:wow I had to watch it at half speed the quarter speed just to see what was happening. That is extensively a semi Automatic as the bolt retracts after firing. It is only the button that then releases the bolt and reloads the gun. things might be changing for the better as I noted in another post once a precedent gets set its hard to knock back the next for fear of being commercially biased.

While I like the idea of semi autos and full autos after getting a bit older I must admit that I don't really see any real reason to justify needing one. In the wrong hands either a young idiot just having fun and having an accident or a ice addict on a bad day to a really bad guy they can inflict a lot of carnage really quickly and more importantly really easily, the user doesn't need much knowledge or skill.

Did you hear about the Adler A110? The precedent was set over 100 years ago and maintained by a long period of ownership and usage without any criminal activity...somebody makes a new version and the s**t really hit the fan :-)

I don't have any use for semi-auto's nowadays, but I loved them as a kid, although centrefires are too expensive to run. I would like to think kids nowadays were able to get the same enjoyment I did, and I never did any harm to anybody with mine. Although nowadays I don't think anybody can own firearms if they're under 18 years of age in any state?

Nobody should need to justify to anybody but themselves for owning whatever they want as long as they're not harming anybody else, and we already have way more laws than we need to cover harming other people.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by albat » 18 Mar 2017, 1:19 pm

At the best part of three grand a pop they are aleady restricted so the antis got no need to s___t themselves
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 18 Mar 2017, 2:18 pm

sungazer wrote:While I like the idea of semi autos and full autos after getting a bit older

So I am a little confused, mate. Are you saying that you are not mature enough to own a firearm now?
Or what you do own, .22 is okay to commit crimes with, but not anything else? Have you seen a mad minute and did you know magazines are removable?

sungazer wrote:I must admit that I don't really see any real reason to justify needing one.

I do, should your opinion precent me from owning one?

sungazer wrote: In the wrong hands either a young idiot just having fun and having an accident or a ice addict on a bad day to a really bad guy they can inflict a lot of carnage really quickly and more importantly really easily, the user doesn't need much knowledge or skill.

What a sad existence, there is literally ZERO evidence to back your opinion up, in Australia. But you are afraid, so you decided that that's it for everyone? Are you afraid of cars too? You know what else is really dangerous for young people - BBQ gas cylinders, do you use BBQ?

a. how is it different to ANY other gun?
b. soooo drivers licences are a no no?
c. knifes/bottles/did i mention cars?

Very naive opinion. Don't be a fud. People like you are the reason air rifles are classed as firearms, airsoft is illegal and high powered nerf TOYs are banned. NERF! f*** me, this is a losing battle.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by albat » 18 Mar 2017, 2:28 pm

Come on sungazer take those sunglasses off and peruse the data and facts law abiding firearms owners just dont do stuff like that , got a licence you should be able to own any firearm why bother with vetting otherwise
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 18 Mar 2017, 2:47 pm

I normally agree with you on most point Sungazer but not on this one.It is not a semi auto and not a BAR it functions the same as a bolt action without having to work the bolt.In law abiding hunters hands it is a great tool.
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 18 Mar 2017, 4:21 pm

duncan61 wrote:I normally agree with you on most point Sungazer but not on this one.It is not a semi auto and not a BAR it functions the same as a bolt action without having to work the bolt. In law abiding hunters hands it is a great tool.

So are semi-autos and handguns...
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 18 Mar 2017, 5:34 pm

Yes. Its a very nice GAS actuated semi-auto with a hold-open function/lever....technically its as close to a semiauto that a repeater gets... Its currently a cat D in Vic..... it will STAY a CAT D in Vic.......... unless there's a monumental shift in gunlaws.

If I'm wrong - I will buy everyone a Beer*+

*Anyone who attends said public bar in Melbourne city that hasn't yet been said...
+I'm pretty sure my money's safe.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by duncan61 » 18 Mar 2017, 5:37 pm

Even if its cat D I still might get one just cos I can.
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 18 Mar 2017, 5:41 pm

duncan61 wrote:Even if its cat D I still might get one just cos I can.

If you can already have Cat D why would you have any interest in this? Get a semi-auto and save the wear and tear on your thumb.
Last edited by bladeracer on 18 Mar 2017, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 18 Mar 2017, 6:24 pm

Its CAT A/B in WA as well as many other states. The CAT D classification ends on the 9th of May in Victoria, whether they decided to keep it a CAT D after that we're not sure. They're certainly considering reclassifying it to CAT A/B however as whenever a trend begins in one or more states, the other states generally tend to follow. If your in Vic start emailing local reps about this and send your concerns if it doesn't get reclassified.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 18 Mar 2017, 6:41 pm

I thought this is the case
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Ed9362 » 18 Mar 2017, 8:00 pm

i have seen a few articles on facebook pages that the speedline has been approved as a cat B in vic, I had a look for the articles but I cant find them.

I guess time will tell
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 18 Mar 2017, 8:12 pm

bladeracer wrote:

If you can already have Cat D why would you have any interest in this? Get a semi-auto and save the wear and tear on your thumb.

hahahahaha I actually AGREE with old BOG....

Dunc, you're either FOS, or you indulge in the occasional LysergicAcidDiethylamide...

If you have a cat D licence, you WONT buy a Adler 5+.... neither a Verney Carrion... YOU"LL BUY an AR10 or similar!! ... you know; AN ACTUAL SEMI AUTO
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by darwindingo » 18 Mar 2017, 9:04 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Yes. Its a very nice GAS actuated semi-auto with a hold-open function/lever....technically its as close to a semiauto that a repeater gets... Its currently a cat D in Vic..... it will STAY a CAT D in Vic.......... unless there's a monumental shift in gunlaws.

If I'm wrong - I will buy everyone a Beer*+

*Anyone who attends said public bar in Melbourne city that hasn't yet been said...
+I'm pretty sure my money's safe.

I hope you are wrong, as free beer is my favorite beer !!! But I suspect this dingo will be buying my own bloody beer :cry:

Anyone offering, catch free, free beer ?? LMK :D

G93 your little *+ stuff makes me think you are a fine print composer :problem: :lol:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Mar 2017, 12:20 am

Noisy in it's operation - different alright but can't see myself acquiring one.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Heckler303 » 19 Mar 2017, 8:28 am

sungazer wrote:Perhaps you are not reading the post the way I meant it.
I said the gun is a slick and nice gun. Very close to a semi auto. perhaps the gun laws are actually softening.

This "While I like the idea of semi autos and full autos after getting a bit older" says I like them still now. As a teenager I was not as responsible and would go out camping with my semi autos and do silly things that probably scared people. IE shooting off lot of rounds making a lot of noise ect.

My opinion is just that "mine" no need to attack me for having one that is different to yours. A thread is just a conversation on the internet. Its not something I am going to go out and campaign on and preach to the world.

Please read and comprehend what I did I say. nothing about law abiding citizens, No I said exactly the opposite "ice addicts and worse" It is not that hard for them to get a license too really and have you seen what rages ice addicts can fly into.

So from what I've just read, as a teenager myself I have been more responsible with firearms than yourself? Huh.

By the way, your posts are making no sense. You just said you arent attacking Law Abiding citizens, then you are saying that Ice addicts are able to get a license easy, and now you think that this is the kind of firearm they would purchase? So that kind of individual already involved in the world of contraband would go through the long and tiring process just to then fork out 2700$?

What kind of Greens have you been smoking exactly? If you are going to post something flawed then generally people ARE going to tell you something back. Please rethink your words before commenting.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Mar 2017, 8:34 am

sungazer wrote:Perhaps you are not reading the post the way I meant it.
I said the gun is a slick and nice gun. Very close to a semi auto. perhaps the gun laws are actually softening.

This "While I like the idea of semi autos and full autos after getting a bit older" says I like them still now. As a teenager I was not as responsible and would go out camping with my semi autos and do silly things that probably scared people. IE shooting off lot of rounds making a lot of noise ect.

My opinion is just that "mine" no need to attack me for having one that is different to yours. A thread is just a conversation on the internet. Its not something I am going to go out and campaign on and preach to the world.

Please read and comprehend what I did I say. nothing about law abiding citizens, No I said exactly the opposite "ice addicts and worse" It is not that hard for them to get a license too really and have you seen what rages ice addicts can fly into.

I think a lot of us can relate to that sort of thing as Teenagers - we all do silly things in that stage of our lives and with some luck we learn from it and become better for it I guess. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Next

Return to Centerfire rifles