Norinco Jw-15 Stock

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Norinco Jw-15 Stock

Post by nclack1 » 21 Mar 2017, 10:17 pm

Hey guys,
I am looking at upgrading the polymer stock that came with my norinco jw15. My current idea is to grab a wood stock that comes with the wooden version of the rifle, remodel and refinish it. Does anyone know where I could find a wooden stock for the rifle on the cheap either new or second hand? It's a cheap rifle so just looking to see if anyone has a wood stock lying around that would suit it?
Cheers
nclack1
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Norinco Jw-15 Stock

Post by Supaduke » 22 Mar 2017, 5:20 pm

Cheap..... no, you may get lucky and find a parted out one. Most replacement stocks would cost as much or more than the rifle.
.22's don't really wear out in any hurry so finding a stock on its own would be a very lucky find.

If you are handy with the tools you could make one out of pretty much any hardwood. It's only a .22 so structural integrity would not be a huge issue. Long as it has no knots.
Boyds and Hatchers make em

Can't think of any others off the top of my head.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Heckler303 » 23 Mar 2017, 1:40 pm

Get one of Thatcher's custom stocks, he will get one to fit you just right at a little over $250, makes a lot of difference in shooting.

However, also ask him to make sure it fits, my one is STILL not fitting properly after 4 months of sanding.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by chrispy » 23 Mar 2017, 9:22 pm

I may have one under the house, has a feint crack in the pistol grip but should be easily fixable

Pm me
chrispy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by nclack1 » 26 Mar 2017, 5:25 pm

Thanks all for your responses, I have seen the thatcher's custom stock however the gun cost me $169 new so not really plausible to get a stock costing twice as much.I have thought about making once from scratch but just to simplify the inletting etc I think a used wooden one would be easier to adapt hence I have contacted chrispy by pm to investigate his broken stock. Cheers
nclack1
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by chrispy » 02 Apr 2017, 11:22 am

Photos sent to your phone.
chrispy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles