.303 rim-lock- not an issue?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

.303 rim-lock- not an issue?

Post by Gun-nut » 19 Apr 2017, 11:26 pm

Watch this video guys, puts an interesting perspective on the Enfield's often dreaded "rim-lock" issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOYTdoQkFrM
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: .303 rim-lock- not an issue?

Post by Growler » 20 Apr 2017, 5:06 am

I've only recently heard about "rim jam". In the past i have always shot military surplus rounds, must be why. Anyhow that fella was an annoying bastard lol
Just the necessity
Growler
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by AusTac » 20 Apr 2017, 6:27 am

He's certainly pretty exited about rim lock lol, but i can agree with variations in ammo, my legit surplus is slightly different
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Heckler303 » 20 Apr 2017, 9:04 am

Growler wrote:I've only recently heard about "rim jam". In the past i have always shot military surplus rounds, must be why. Anyhow that fella was an annoying bastard lol

I have quite the respect for BlokeOnTheRange, and saw this video well before the posting of this thread. How is he 'an annoying bastard'? Have you not seen his series with Lee Enfield Variants?
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by GLS_1956 » 20 Apr 2017, 11:04 am

Heckler303 wrote:
Growler wrote:I've only recently heard about "rim jam". In the past i have always shot military surplus rounds, must be why. Anyhow that fella was an annoying bastard lol

I have quite the respect for BlokeOnTheRange, and saw this video well before the posting of this thread. How is he 'an annoying bastard'? Have you not seen his series with Lee Enfield Variants?

I enjoy his videos and he is informative. He's annoying only to those who don't have access to the great toys he's playing with, or who hate guns. Well at least that is my humble opinion.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Growler » 20 Apr 2017, 11:32 am

Well I've got "access" to a variety of firearms so I probably don't "hate guns" that's a bit of a weird thing to type??
His constant repeating of himself I found bloody annoying, maybe at 04:30 I'm slightly more intolerant than you two fellas? Anyway just my opinion that he's annoying and I'll keep it cheers, thanks for reading
Just the necessity
Growler
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Heckler303 » 20 Apr 2017, 11:39 am

Growler wrote:Well I've got "access" to a variety of firearms so I probably don't "hate guns" that's a bit of a weird thing to type??
His constant repeating of himself I found bloody annoying, maybe at 04:30 I'm slightly more intolerant than you two fellas? Anyway just my opinion that he's annoying and I'll keep it cheers, thanks for reading

Well that's pointless in telling us isn't it, if you can't justify why he is annoying.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Growler » 20 Apr 2017, 1:49 pm

Heckler303 wrote:
Growler wrote:Well I've got "access" to a variety of firearms so I probably don't "hate guns" that's a bit of a weird thing to type??

Well that's pointless in telling us isn't it, if you can't justify why he is annoying.

4th line down champ

Edit: OOOpps second on desktop
Last edited by Growler on 20 Apr 2017, 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just the necessity
Growler
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by TheDude » 20 Apr 2017, 6:58 pm

havent watched any of his other vids but that one did get a tad repetitive to the point i didnt watch it all.
TheDude
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Growler » 20 Apr 2017, 7:11 pm

TheDude wrote:havent watched any of his other vids but that one did get a tad repetitive to the point i didnt watch it all.

Definitely didn't make me want to search/google him for more vids. But judging from the reaction I got I think I will :sarcasm:
Just the necessity
Growler
Private
Private

South Australia

Return to Centerfire rifles