SGC Lever Action & MARS Actions in Australia

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: SGC Lever Action & MARS Actions in Australia

Post by WatchyShooter » 16 Jul 2017, 1:00 am

Just wanted to update this thread
I’ve been in contact with SGC and they have the required permits and licenses to export to Australia, will hopefully be getting ball rolling on that “test” sometime soon, either in a single import or if there’s more interest going via someone like NIOA.
Still following up on licensing the design and having it made within Australia, If done it would be massive and would give whomever picks up the project will have a rifle unlike any other in Australia, looking at existing firearms manufactures, but if anyone knows of any smaller firearms manufacturers or such let me know
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Jakethefake » 28 Jul 2017, 1:33 pm

I thought there was something in the NFA about all the energy for cycling the action having to come from the user, which would prevent stuff like this being allowed. But I'm happy to be wrong about that. I'd love one of the pistol carbines. I had a Keltec Sub 2000 in Canada, but it would be a cold day in hell before they allowed something like that over here.
Jakethefake
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by WatchyShooter » 28 Jul 2017, 2:49 pm

Jakethefake wrote:I thought there was something in the NFA about all the energy for cycling the action having to come from the user, which would prevent stuff like this being allowed. But I'm happy to be wrong about that. I'd love one of the pistol carbines. I had a Keltec Sub 2000 in Canada, but it would be a cold day in hell before they allowed something like that over here.

We are lucky to not have something like that, just that the definition of a semi auto is that it fires, empty’s and reloads with one trigger pull, if you intruput that then it’s not semi auto like the Vernon Carney Speedline that’s just been released and approved by police and border force.

It’s the slow progression forwards but it’s good
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Return to Centerfire rifles