Verney-Carron Speedline - New rifle coming this year

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Verney-Carron Speedline - New rifle coming this year

Post by bones-350 » 29 May 2017, 8:49 pm

Well there was controversy over the Adler.............. But wait till the AGL see this they will be having Heart Attacks over this rifle.
Check it out on you tube it's due here in late August early September.
Bet we wont get the chance to own one.
Feel free to leave your thorts behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMOABUq3FmQ
Marlin.22lr, Marlin17 hmr, Marlin.22wmr, Weatherby action Krieger.223rem, Howa action,Krieger 243w, Ruger 7mm.RM, Rem30.06 & Adler
bones-350
Private
Private

South Australia

Re: New Rifle Coming this year

Post by scaredyet » 29 May 2017, 11:58 pm

Will be very expensive
scaredyet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by andreweden » 30 May 2017, 12:10 am

$3200. Not too bad considering.
andreweden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 30 May 2017, 12:15 am

Can't really see much use for one myself, not really into shooting for the hell of it as such, most of the stuff I shoot is one shot and it's down and anything else with it is long gone before another shot presents. Might come in handy in open plains type country for pigs but can't see it being of much use in scrubby type stuff.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by scaredyet » 30 May 2017, 2:24 pm

Anyone got a link to anyone selling in nsw
scaredyet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by MalleeFarmer » 30 May 2017, 3:32 pm

Wow I want one just because...
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Archie » 31 May 2017, 8:43 am

scaredyet wrote:Anyone got a link to anyone selling in nsw

http://www.elks.com.au/product/verney-c ... -06-rifle/

I still think what I posted in the other thread about this thing. It's ugly (ok I can live with that), more importantly its got too much shiny walnut on it for dragging around the bush. If it was synthetic I'd think about it.

But the bit I really don't understand is: you come up with a mechanism that (let's be honest) is basically designed to get as close as you legally can to a semi-automatic without actually being one. You have the smarts to put it in wood (ugly wood, but still wood) so it looks like a hunting rifle rather than a scary assault rifle, so it doesn't end up stuck on some stupid appearance rule ban like the WFA1 did. And then, having done that you only chamber it in 30-06 and 300 win mag? I thought the whole idea of hitting something with 300wm was that you didn't need to hit it more than once. Seems to me it really is missing out by not having lighter options.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Supaduke » 31 May 2017, 11:52 am

I agree with you on the odd choice of chamberings. I think it's more about multiple targets. Also the frogs have that weird ban on chamberings based on military rounds , hence no .223 or .308. You'd think they would make some for international markets though.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 31 May 2017, 12:51 pm

This rifle is already Cat D in Victoria as it uses part of the ignition to re-cock. The temporary Class D decision expired this month.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 31 May 2017, 2:02 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:This rifle is already Cat D in Victoria as it uses part of the ignition to re-cock. The temporary Class D decision expired this month.

This is as i would have expected. Far too close to semi-auto for it to be anything other than CatD.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gun-nut » 31 May 2017, 6:22 pm

Both the rifle and shotgun version are CAT A/B in Victoria, NSW, WA, QLD and ACT. As to the weird chamberings, I agree. However I am quite interested in the 12g version.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 31 May 2017, 8:10 pm

Wow. That's a surprise. I wonder about Tas. Still, I think that thumb lever is a very weak link in the system.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Centerfire rifles