Lithgow Crossover 102 Left Hand

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Lithgow Crossover 102 Left Hand

Post by Gwion » 05 Jul 2017, 11:37 am

Just for the information of anyone waiting for Lithgow to release the 102 in a left hand configuration, I recently received the following response to an enquiry:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi "GWION",

at this stage there is no ETA on a LH LA102, the Australian LH market is simply too small to give our decision makers the confidence that the LH LA102 would be a viable proposition. We are looking into other markets and hope that expanding internationally will take us to the volumes that will make the LH LA102 a reality.

Kind regards

Stephen Brown
Civil Firearms Customer Service Officer
Lithgow Arms
4 Martini Parade
Lithgow, NSW 2790
Australia
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recon Aussie LEFTIES need to stop putting up with just using right hand rifles because "real men can shoot a right hand rifle". I think there are more lefties out there than people realise. I have a number of friends and acquaintances who are lefties but shoot right handed rifles. They seem to think it's a badge of honour to be able to shoot cackhanded. Next time a rightie implies that i should be able to shoot a righthanded rifle, I'm gonna make 'em try to put 2 mags worth of rounds on target with my lefthand rifle in 2 mins. See how they like it! :lol: :wtf: :problem: :drinks:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Re: Lithgow Crossover 102 Left Hand

Post by Wylie27 » 05 Jul 2017, 1:23 pm

Huh but I have a LH LA101?!?!

God dammit I want a leftie
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 05 Jul 2017, 2:46 pm

Wylie27 wrote:Huh but I have a LH LA101?!?!

God dammit I want a leftie

Exactly what i thought. Hopefully they push international markets and then the cost of tooling for a lefty can be justified.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by taffy4x4 » 05 Jul 2017, 4:57 pm

I feel your pain, I usually have to pay a premium for being a lefty. It's my understanding that around 10% of the population are left side dominant. Fortunately both my kids are righties but they have grown up shooting mostly left handed guns, it's comical watching them at the range as every now and then they forget and the hand moves for a bolt thats not there.
Life is not a test drive
taffy4x4
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 05 Jul 2017, 5:32 pm

Thing is I'm not a natural lefty but taught myself to shoot left handed due to dodgy vision in my right eye. Been hoping Lithgow would release a 102 lefty for about a year now.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Daddybang » 06 Jul 2017, 7:53 am

Gwion wrote:Thing is I'm not a natural lefty but taught myself to shoot left handed due to dodgy vision in my right eye. Been hoping Lithgow would release a 102 lefty for about a year now.

I know exactly what you mean . I was born with only ten percent vision in my right eye so had to learn to shoot leftie. My wife can't close her left eye and keep her right eye open but can do it the other way so she shoots leftie and a good mate smashed his right shoulder up in a trail bike accident when he was a kid so it's easier for him to shoot leftie. Much more common than people think. :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 06 Jul 2017, 8:59 am

Daddybang wrote:
Gwion wrote:Thing is I'm not a natural lefty but taught myself to shoot left handed due to dodgy vision in my right eye. Been hoping Lithgow would release a 102 lefty for about a year now.

I know exactly what you mean . I was born with only ten percent vision in my right eye so had to learn to shoot leftie. My wife can't close her left eye and keep her right eye open but can do it the other way so she shoots leftie and a good mate smashed his right shoulder up in a trail bike accident when he was a kid so it's easier for him to shoot leftie. Much more common than people think. :thumbsup:

So, do you have left handed rifles? If so, what make?
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Daddybang » 06 Jul 2017, 9:34 am

No mate I've got the mod70 in a right bolt and now the lever .22 and the brno I pick up next week is a right bolt. Found it bloody hard to find a left bolt without having to wait or pay for the "privilege".maybe I should be more patient :unknown:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Supaduke » 06 Jul 2017, 10:10 am

It's the work of the devil. You all need a nun to beat it out of you with a ruler.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by taffy4x4 » 06 Jul 2017, 5:47 pm

Supaduke wrote:It's the work of the devil. You all need a nun to beat it out of you with a ruler.

Showing my age, my year at primary school in Wales was the first to be allowed to use our left hand for writing.
Life is not a test drive
taffy4x4
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 07 Jul 2017, 8:57 am

Supaduke wrote:It's the work of the devil. You all need a nun to beat it out of you with a ruler.

We don't need to hear about your fantasies, Supaduke! :shock: :o :wtf: :lol:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Supaduke » 07 Jul 2017, 9:09 am

IMG_0719.JPG
IMG_0719.JPG (24.21 KiB) Viewed 3983 times

I go kack handed if she told me to :)
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 07 Jul 2017, 9:29 am

Supaduke wrote:
IMG_0719.JPG

I go kack handed if she told me to :)

She wouldn't even have to ask me nicely!!! :D
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles