Single Shot Falling Blocks?!

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Single Shot Falling Blocks?!

Post by JimmyS » 06 Jul 2017, 10:07 pm

G'day gents (and possibly ladies)

New bloke here to I'll try not to say anything too stupid!

Will be getting my licence in the next 1 - 2 months in Victoria.
I gotta say, I've had ****** luck trying to a find a good single shot falling block rifles that are new.

All I've really come across are the Ruger no 1 which is pricey and hard to find, & the Winchester High/Low wall which is virtually impossible to find.

Now, I like the classic look, such as the Winchester & Martini Henry's, but I know the demand here isn't that big for single shot rifles.

Does anyone know places in Vic that sell these styles firearms, preferable new? loads ranging anywhere from a little .223 to a .308 or anywhere aroundabouts?

Any help is appreciated as I've been searching the net and having 0 luck.

Cheers shooters.
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: Single Shot Falling Blocks?!

Post by Dexer » 06 Jul 2017, 11:44 pm

From what I know, Uberti make the high wall falling block replica, it's really nice too, not sure on chambering... I think 45/70 is the primary one with a few variants. From memory they are around $1700 new and take around 6 months to land. Most gun stores should be able to get it. They are imported via Beretta (I am pretty sure, anyway).
Dexer
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 07 Jul 2017, 5:06 am

Try Centreway Firearms or Roger Mowbray for replica Sharps etc, and if you are not fixated on falling blocks there are a range of Italian made rolling blocks also. For the best range and if you can overlook the "grumbles" Graham Forbes is the importer for most of these things. Why new? I just bought an original 1867 Swedish Rolling Block in great condition for $1100, and a good shooting Martini Henry can be found for less.I paid $1500 for an original 1873 US Springfield Trapdoor, shabby timber but excellent bore. Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by pete1 » 07 Jul 2017, 4:38 pm

A & W Grassi Pty Ltd in Oxley may have something, got all sorts of guns in there a quick call won't hurt. I have found some interesting second hand guns in Melbourne firearms may be worth calling. Most can probably order it in, but having one in stock to look at may be harder to find.
look on the gun trading sights alot of shops advertise new rifles there.
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by ausbushman » 07 Jul 2017, 6:40 pm

I know its not Victoria, but Magnum sports have been trying to flog off winchester falling blocks for ages, new and heavily discounted, not sure what calibres or if they still got em, maybe have a gig, I have an old ruger no1 375 h+h it's awesome, so bloody accurate
ausbushman
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by JimmyS » 09 Jul 2017, 1:48 pm

Cheers for the reply gents, I do quite enjoy reading up these forums, you guys are knowledgeable.

Hope to see ya'll up at Little River some day.

Thanks again!
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles