Lee Enfield stripper clips

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Lee Enfield stripper clips

Post by Gun-nut » 06 Aug 2017, 2:32 pm

I put an order down for some .303 chargers the other day and it got me thinking, how much variations or iterations of chargers were developed for the venerable .303? I found this image online showcasing some of the different models
image_zpsdd1cc5f4.jpg
image_zpsdd1cc5f4.jpg (107.63 KiB) Viewed 2619 times

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the history of these chargers, when they were produced or superseded by another iteration etc.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Lee Enfield stripper clips

Post by AusTac » 06 Aug 2017, 9:49 pm

Different factories had slight variations as far as i know, noticed that on all of mine too
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Gun-nut » 06 Aug 2017, 10:23 pm

I've heard people say to stay clear of some of the Italian chargers as they don't operate as smoothly as some of the others. Does anyone know how to distinguish Italian chargers from the rest of the pack?
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 07 Aug 2017, 3:05 am

G'day Gun-nut,
From left to right, Mk I LoC 11753 16/1/03,
Mk II (2nd Type) LoC 13465 24/4/06
Mk III LoC 18973 15/2/16
Mk IV LoC 19786 30/10/17
There are over 80 different makers identified so far, with probably more to come as makers in some of the other countries become known. At least a dozen countries made chargers, in fact every country that made the ammo made chargers as well. Sadly I lost the PDF with the list of known maker marks in a hard drive crash some years ago and have not been able to replace it yet, so the only info I have is in my notebooks. There is also a Mk V charger with no holes at all. As for identifying an Italian clip, they are marked "G M" with a Roman Numeral from I to VI on the side, or SMI on the base, but don't worry, I doubt you will ever see one of them, they are rare and quite valuable, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by WatchyShooter » 07 Aug 2017, 5:52 pm

bentaz wrote:Told ya, lol!

I’ve been waiting for him to chime in and low and behold, he delivers :drinks:
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Gun-nut » 07 Aug 2017, 6:25 pm

Thanks no1 mk3, you're an absolute legend.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles