Best Black Powder Target Rifle for Beginner

Black powder rifles and pistols, reloading black powder, and other information. The smoky stuff.

Re: Best Black Powder Target Rifle for Beginner

Post by Noisydad » 18 Aug 2017, 5:29 am

Man you're going to have so much fun researching and messing around with loads and lubes! Shooting BP is a process rather than an event.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 18 Aug 2017, 2:58 pm

Noisydad wrote:Man you're going to have so much fun researching and messing around with loads and lubes! Shooting BP is a process rather than an event.

Black powder has been one of those things I've been meaning to try since I was a teenager and my old mate John Kell from the Colonial Gunshop used to regale me with stories of his exploits with black powder. Now that I've ticked off most of the firearms related activities from my bucket list I'm onto this next challenge. I have to admit the rifle is strangely attractive, and nothing like the usual tacticool hipster mass death machines I'm drawn to. Might be middle age creeping in where I have to hang out with old things in order to appear younger....

Whitworth.JPG
Whitworth.JPG (19.98 KiB) Viewed 5569 times
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 18 Aug 2017, 5:34 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
mobile 087.jpg

mobile 088.jpg

I've only got the one ... It's a 1977 Euroarms 50 cal.

In hindsight I whish thaf I hat bought one with a tighter twist. Mines only good for round balls.

Those photos are effin sensational. :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Black powder shooting