Quality left handed rifles

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Quality left handed rifles

Post by Cdog » 20 Aug 2017, 2:55 pm

Gun-nut wrote:Check out the ruger gunsite scout, comes in left handed with a pretty nice peep sight from the factory and its available in .223 and .308.

They are awesome, I have one in 223 love the iron sights.. I have a right handed rifle but shoot off the left shoulder works a treat..on special at present for $990
Cdog
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 20 Aug 2017, 3:20 pm

bigfellascott wrote:It's a shame Howa don't make a LH model.

Yeah. It is.

On the other hand, Sako do a lefty in the hunter line! :thumbsup:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Aug 2017, 5:52 pm

I just had a look. Remington make a few. Don't they import?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 20 Aug 2017, 5:59 pm

I'd steer clear of any new manufacture Remington rifles, they're QC aint exactly what it used to be.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Aug 2017, 6:10 pm

Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by xRIFFxRAFFx » 21 Aug 2017, 7:38 am

thanks for the info guys, new to this site, but being a lefty i have always operated right handed bolt actions, so annoying although you do get better at it lol, I have a question to the OP, i was going to go lever action, but i have a couple of old windchester 22 and i get blow out of the ejector slide on the side, doesn't tickle, do you get that with you lever action?
xRIFFxRAFFx
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Aug 2017, 9:20 am

Gwion wrote:

Yeah. It is.

So do Tikka and it's a grand cheaper and does the same job.

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 21 Aug 2017, 10:51 am

bigfellascott wrote:
Gwion wrote:

Yeah. It is.

He said quality rifle and that he wasn't too worried about price. Saying Tikka & Sako do the same thing is like saying Zastava & Tikka do the same thing. Zastava is cheaper than Tikka and also do left handed rifles so maybe you think he should get on of those instead?
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Aug 2017, 10:59 am

Quality is a subjective term.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Aug 2017, 1:33 pm

Gwion wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:
Gwion wrote:

Yeah. It is.

He said quality rifle and that he wasn't too worried about price. Saying Tikka & Sako do the same thing is like saying Zastava & Tikka do the same thing. Zastava is cheaper than Tikka and also do left handed rifles so maybe you think he should get on of those instead?

Tell me what the massive quality difference is between the Tikkler and the Sako? having owned both I can tell you SFA but you enlighten us with your wisdom of owning and using both by all means. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 21 Aug 2017, 1:49 pm

I have used both and the simple quality difference is obvious. You may not personally think it is worth $1000 but that is an individual's choice. The OP distinctly stated 'quality rifle, not to worried about price'.

FYI, you can pick up a Sako Lefty for around $1800 at the moment if you are flexible with chambering.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Aug 2017, 2:47 pm

Gwion wrote:I have used both and the simple quality difference is obvious. You may not personally think it is worth $1000 but that is an individual's choice. The OP distinctly stated 'quality rifle, not to worried about price'.

FYI, you can pick up a Sako Lefty for around $1800 at the moment if you are flexible with chambering.

So what's the obvious difference you speak of? :unknown: is it in the barrels, action, wood - what exactly?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 21 Aug 2017, 3:50 pm

All of the above. You're just being argumentative for the sake of it.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by southwest shooter » 21 Aug 2017, 4:36 pm

Simmer down fellas .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Aug 2017, 6:34 pm

Gwion wrote:All of the above. You're just being argumentative for the sake of it.

No just wanted you to clarify your statement which apparently is too hard to do. FYI the barrels are the same on both brands ( a mates been to the factory and was told that was the case apparently) :friends:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by JimmyS » 21 Aug 2017, 6:39 pm

I'll get us some tea and scones, and this can be discussed civilly ;)
Good suggestions though, I think I'll be looking into a Sako as my first bolt action.
I was originally thinking CZ LUX, but I couldn't find a CZ without that Bavarian stock with iron sights which I'm honestly not a fan of, at all.
Looks like a limp genital.
Dunno if that's a great way to describe it or not, but it's the best I could think of!
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 21 Aug 2017, 6:59 pm

scott. It's not too hard I just CBF with your argumentative attitude that runs anything down that you see as unworthy.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 21 Aug 2017, 7:03 pm

Jimmy. Have you tried shouldering the CZ Bavarian stock? I know they look weird but the design is intended to put your head in the right spot for iron sights. I got iron sights put on a 22lr with a straight comb and I'm thinking about putting a Bavarian or hog back style stock on so I can get behind the sights easier. Something to think about. Of course, if you just don't like it, that's your choice.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by JimmyS » 21 Aug 2017, 7:18 pm

I'll be honest, I have never shouldered a Bavarian stock, so I'm speaking out of ignorance.
If I see a man wielding a fishing rod and a Bavarian stocked rifle down at lil river I'll be sure to give them a yell :lol:
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 21 Aug 2017, 7:40 pm

:thumbsup:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Tiger650 » 21 Aug 2017, 7:44 pm

JimmyS wrote:I was in the service for a period, so I have always referred to them as "Weapons"

I didn't mean anything by it, nor do I feel like it is a derogatory term for a Rifle, or any other firearm for that matter.
Far as I'm concerned, only anti gunners and the like, use it in a derogatory way, and I do not want to conform to emotional based decisions on what a word means.

Regardless of my opinions, I will do my best to maintain correct use of terminology.

Cheers.

Cheers right back Jimmy

I was not trying to censor or criticize but just making a point about "newspeak" and the categorization of of our firearms as "weapons" by the left.

Most folks in general society have never been in The Services and our opponents almost certainly not, it is unfortunate that the masses are demonstrably pretty f%c3ing stupid and if we use the antis favoured terminology ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUhngxFmXEE

Sad for sure and I reckon society really is in rapid decline, the last chapter of Albert Speer's book describes what we are witnessing.

The above book is quiet probably unavailable, having been burned in secret and online deleted.

Excuse the rant and again I did not mean to teach you how to speak.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 21 Aug 2017, 7:56 pm

My Mother was beaten by Nuns until she learned write with her right hand, three months or so in a Convent school would surely cure your affliction !
Then you could shoot an ordinary rifle like the rest of the flock.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Aug 2017, 9:08 pm

Gwion wrote:scott. It's not too hard I just CBF with your argumentative attitude that runs anything down that you see as unworthy.

Yes that's a position often taken by those who are losing an argument. And I wasn't running anything down at all I was simply pointing out that I CAN'T SEE WHERE THE $1000 DIFFERENCE is in them and I simply asked you to clarify your statement that the Sako is so much better, I didn't realise it would be that hard for you to answer, sorry about that. :unknown:

If I were the OP I'd buy the Tikkler or CZ LH version and spend the difference of around $1000 or there about's on the Sako price on glass and ammo - you honestly won't notice whether you are shooting the Tikkler or Sako or CZ in the end, they all lob bullets down range good enough to hunt with and the problem with fancy wood is you spend most of your time worrying about scratching it instead of getting out and hunting with it like you would with something with less expensive wood on it (I just bought a plastic stock for the Tikkler as I'm sick of worrying about scratching that beautiful stock) as much as I hate plastic it's the better of two evils when it comes to that particular situation for me anyway :cry:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 21 Aug 2017, 9:21 pm

The tikka v Sako argument has been done to death and I'm not going into it. Even if the barrels are from the same machine does not mean the rifles are the same. Tikka are made by Sako as a cheaper line of rifle for the flooded American market so saying there is no quality difference is simply absurd. One is made to be their top of the line brand and the other is their entry level brand.
Will they both shoot straight? Yes.
Does that mean both are the same in a discussion raised by a question on quality rifles? No
If you want to know the details of how they differ, look it up yourself, but there is a significant difference. Just because you don't see the difference as with the cost does not mean that others don't.

I CBF with your attitude not because I was losing an argument but because I CBF arguing with you.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Aug 2017, 9:23 pm

Gwion wrote:scott. It's not too hard I just CBF with your argumentative attitude that runs anything down that you see as unworthy.

Scott asked a simple question asking for specifics. I didn't see it as argumentive.

Like I said earlier quality can at times be very subjective. EG. I have a $500 Marlin 223. Does. .8moa..so foxes are dead out to 250 yards and weighs stuffall, the main reason I got it. For me that was quality. I wouldn't consider a sako. Too costly to scratch and fire a dozen times a year. Fox is still dead, .8 or. 2moa.
A bit like the Ford / Holden argument. It's in the mind of the beholder.

So COOL OFF.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 21 Aug 2017, 9:30 pm

A simple question loaded with derogatory language. Just CBF.

That is all.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by JimmyS » 21 Aug 2017, 9:43 pm

Things got really heated here, maybe I won't ask anymore questions? :unknown:

In all seriousness, a bit of hot debate isn't all that bad, keeps the blood flowing.
Just gotta make sure we're all holding hands at the end of it :thumbsup:
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Aug 2017, 11:33 pm

Keep asking Jimmy and have some chips and beer. :drinks:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by in2anity » 22 Aug 2017, 8:42 am

popcorn.jpg
popcorn.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 5385 times

Obligatory meme.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Aug 2017, 7:51 pm

Beer and chips.png
Beer and chips.png (180.09 KiB) Viewed 5373 times

:lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Next

Return to Centerfire rifles