Quality left handed rifles

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Quality left handed rifles

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Aug 2017, 12:51 am

Well bigfella i think it was a case of get rid of the rifles on the shelf rather than order in new ones
I thought it might have handled them with 120gr or 117gr but the 1-10 twist don't like anything over 105gr, tried everything and no go
so 100gr it was
I do know a bloke that has a 1-10 twist and he gets about 1.5moa with 117gr sst's but mine won't 3'' at best
I used to use a 303 but the barrel is shot out and decided to buy a new rifle should have rebarreled it although its in bad shape alround
and would cost the price of a new one to fix
I might just sell the 25-06 while its still new and up grade to a 7mm or 300 same type Roughteck Range sako A7 they have gone up in price
a little since i bought this one so i'll have to add a bit to it, its a shame but i'm a lot wiser for the experience

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Aug 2017, 5:06 am

grandadbushy wrote:Well bigfella i think it was a case of get rid of the rifles on the shelf rather than order in new ones
I thought it might have handled them with 120gr or 117gr but the 1-10 twist don't like anything over 105gr, tried everything and no go
so 100gr it was
I do know a bloke that has a 1-10 twist and he gets about 1.5moa with 117gr sst's but mine won't 3'' at best
I used to use a 303 but the barrel is shot out and decided to buy a new rifle should have rebarreled it although its in bad shape alround
and would cost the price of a new one to fix
I might just sell the 25-06 while its still new and up grade to a 7mm or 300 same type Roughteck Range sako A7 they have gone up in price
a little since i bought this one so i'll have to add a bit to it, its a shame but i'm a lot wiser for the experience

Cheers

I'm hearing ya mate, once bitten twice shy here too. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Aug 2017, 5:11 am

duncan61 wrote:I can still justify getting a .416 Rigby for Africa.The 7mm Rem is good for all the plains antelope even the really big suckers like Eland and Gemsbok but the safari outfitter will insist upon a big game cartridge for the big 5.I one shot killed a water Buffalo in the N.T. and shot a wild bull on our hill block front on and it hydrauliced and I removed the 175gn failsafe from its hips.All the organs were mush so its got a bit of get up and go and the recoil is O.K. just dont plan to shoot 50 a day

7mm Rems sure do get the job done well hey :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Aug 2017, 6:54 pm

Cut it out you pair i'm getting all sooky and teary hearing about the 7mm's after not getting one instead of the 25-06 ( LOL)
Booo Hooo!

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Aug 2017, 7:27 pm

grandadbushy wrote:Cut it out you pair i'm getting all sooky and teary hearing about the 7mm's after not getting one instead of the 25-06 ( LOL)
Booo Hooo!

Cheers

:D it's an easy prob to fix.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Aug 2017, 8:19 pm

YEP! almost too easy will have to sell the 25-06 first and realy don't want to part with it either but it would be the one to sell because its still
new or there abouts only done ammo developement and a few more prob 150 rounds
Member-Deleted

Post by duncan61 » 25 Aug 2017, 12:52 am

would fitting a different barrel work in say 30/06
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 25 Aug 2017, 10:01 am

Most likely would i've got a model 2000 mauser werke' 30-06 that i rebarreled to 22-250 could only shoot 1 at a time because it was long action
Been toying with the idea of putting it back to 30-06 but to rebarrel and fix a few things like stock and such its about $1500 + you can pick up a new
sako roughteck range in 7mm 26'' barrel for about $2200 new
My biggest problem up here is getting a gunsmith i can trust after all the s&#t i went through when i got the 22-250 barrel put on the mauser
Bad crown ,head space,scratches all over the rifle stock and barrel also put a split in the stock i think from over tightening the front screw or dropped the gun
So if the stock can't be fixed, more money
After having a good think about it a 7mm will probably be the better way to go mainly because they tend to be a little more accurate than the 30-06
I know there are accurate 30-06's out there but the 7mm is deemed a more accurate rifle overall by people in the know
Also i've been told the 7mm has a little bit more get up and go than the 30-06 so i will do a bit more background work before deciding

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles