Do you have a gun that's your "Canary in a coal mine"

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Do you have a gun that's your "Canary in a coal mine"

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 25 Aug 2017, 9:33 am

So I recently just got my first Enfield (Sporterised but it will be useful) and I've decided that is going to be me my line in the sand.

If they come for this gun I've told the misses that I'm leaving the country and that its, once that happens I can say for sure there is no coming back from back for me and for the country.

Do you have a gun like that? Was the Adler your last straw or will you stay to the bitter end if it goes that way?
Last edited by Mr.Seacucumber on 25 Aug 2017, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Do you have a gun that's your "Canary in a coal mine"

Post by Daddybang » 25 Aug 2017, 9:39 am

If "They" come for my mod70 .243 it'll make headlines :twisted:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by AusTac » 25 Aug 2017, 10:18 am

I'm with you on the .303 mate,i have a full wood ( no pun intended ;) ) and its my favorite would be devistated if they crushed it
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by GLS_1956 » 25 Aug 2017, 11:00 am

Pretty much anything I've got.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 25 Aug 2017, 11:28 am

GLS_1956 wrote:Pretty much anything I've got.

I assume you don't live in Cali then :thumbsup:
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 25 Aug 2017, 3:32 pm

Mine would be my no5 jungle carbine, I'll fight to the death before that happens though. :D
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Rikta » 25 Aug 2017, 3:35 pm

sliming f***s try and take anything I have they are in for a fight, shooters outnumber the lgbt people in this county more than 2 to 1 and yet we cant force them to accept our wants whilst the whole tv/radio/internet is a buzz supporting gay marriage? cmon shooters, get behind your local gun friendly MP and senate candidates, leave the major parties and left wingers in the past where they belong and lets get our rights once and for all.
Rem .270
Howa .223
Ruger 22lr
Lanber 12g
Rossi 410g
Rikta
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Wombat » 25 Aug 2017, 6:29 pm

Rikta wrote:sliming f***s try and take anything I have they are in for a fight, shooters outnumber the lgbt people in this county more than 2 to 1 and yet we cant force them to accept our wants whilst the whole tv/radio/internet is a buzz supporting gay marriage? cmon shooters, get behind your local gun friendly MP and senate candidates, leave the major parties and left wingers in the past where they belong and lets get our rights once and for all.

Actually this whole marriage debacle is because of a reactionary John Howard changing the existing law. Remind you of anything else he did? Maybe the next time it comes up in conversation point out that the 96 laws were brought in by a Hoplophobic Howard before he made the Homophobic marriage law changes.
It may or may not sit well with you, but pointing out that both were essentially fear driven irrational actions that effected a minority may influence others thinking regarding JH's "Legacy".
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 25 Aug 2017, 7:22 pm

Yep,my grandpas shotgun
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by fredhamish » 25 Aug 2017, 7:30 pm

my Winchester 1892 44-40 that was made in 1906. I would not be happy if they took anything out of my collection but the 44wcf would be a declaration of war.
1892 Winchester 44-40 (1906)
'94 Winchester 44-40 re-chambered in 44 rem mag (1974)
'94 Winchester 30-30 (1985)
Savage No:4 Mk 1* .303
Finnish M91
Model 70 Winchester .308
CMC Mounteneer .223
assorted .22s and .177s
fredhamish
Recruit
Recruit

Northern Territory

Post by Die Judicii » 25 Aug 2017, 8:55 pm

Have I missed something ?????
What started the above posts ?

Surely there can't be a move afoot to remove the venerable old .303 B/A s

If that were to come about, every other B/A of equal or higher calibre would have to go at the same time.

One point to consider in the case of the .303 would be that the government itself condoned the introduction and mass sale of,, to the public of Aust.
:thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by GLS_1956 » 26 Aug 2017, 12:38 am

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:
GLS_1956 wrote:Pretty much anything I've got.

I assume you don't live in Cali then :thumbsup:

Nope, Fly Over America. Oklahoma.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Conallin24 » 27 Aug 2017, 7:37 pm

My side by side 20Ga. My grandfather bought it when my dad was 6/7 and that's what he used until he was 9/10 and got his first 12Ga. It was then used by his younger 2 brothers. Now they have said it is mine. (Still 15months until I'm 18 so I have to use it with him. It has fired probably 5/6k shells so not to bad for a gun from the 60s. If they try and take it I am sending it to my Uncle in NZ. Luckily we shooters (talking Aus) are about to see some change. This election we are going to see the people we trust to fight for us put in. SFFP, One nation lib democrats etc. We have around 1 million shooters. If just 30/40% vote for one of these that's a huge amount compared to most "minor" parties. Better still these people have partners/wives/husbands etc and good friends. Another day 20/30% of those before mentioned bring 1 more into the vote. We are talking 350k votes min with that. So bottom line tell as many people who will listen to do this and we will see change for the better of all of us.
Conallin24
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles