Shot show Brisbane

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Shot show Brisbane

Post by andreweden » 27 Aug 2017, 5:30 pm

Took the family today. Was a little underwhelmed. Just thought the offerings were a little thin on the ground.

Am I being too harsh?
andreweden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Shot show Brisbane

Post by scott017 » 27 Aug 2017, 6:25 pm

I'm with you, felt it was a much better show last time.
scott017
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by drizo » 27 Aug 2017, 6:48 pm

My first expo and I was there sat for the open. it was jam packed with people!! I did expect to see more deals and come home with loads of gear but instead ended up stopping at my lgs on the way home...
drizo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 27 Aug 2017, 9:12 pm

Hey DRIZO, must've missed you on Saturday because of the huge crowd, but fair go!

The number and range of exhibitors and choice was 2nd to none., especially in clothing, scopes, projectiles, knives etc and was well up on last year. To see such an extensive range of sporting and hunting equipment under one roof was very impressive and I feel that one would have to visit many, many LGS to see such a varied range.

My suggestion is that the Gun Show needs a much larger premises, a bigger variety of light meals and more seating around the area, .
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 27 Aug 2017, 10:01 pm

I thought that this year was rather average compared to last the only good thing I got out of it was my testing for my NSW R licence but apart from that i was a little disapointed.
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by pete1 » 27 Aug 2017, 10:53 pm

Yeh when it was in Melbourne it was crammed into small building couldn't walk through half of it cause amount of people, didn't find any super bargains either
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by scotty87 » 28 Aug 2017, 6:09 am

I was pretty impressed, first time attending, plenty of interesting products there, the give it a go aspect was great with the aimpoint VR, SSAA air rifle range and archery downstairs. The tasco/tsa had some good deals on Bushnell that would have rivalled eBay prices

Also had the chance to molest all the primo brand scopes and optics, which is something some gun stores are reluctant to let you do, the reloading warehouse store up top selling projectiles by the 20pk was good too if you wanted to try a range of projectiles for reloading
scotty87
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 28 Aug 2017, 7:36 am

andreweden wrote:Took the family today. Was a little underwhelmed. Just thought the offerings were a little thin on the ground.

Am I being too harsh?

At least ya get one. Haven't heard of any happening up this way :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by snag » 28 Aug 2017, 9:12 pm

I went both days and thought it was brilliant. Very crowded on Saturday, not so bad on Sunday - bought my stuff then. Got cheap projectiles, brass, ammo boxes, cleaning gear and even got some weird and unusual salami! We don't have big gun shops out where I am, so to see so much stuff in one place was a bit overwhelming so it took a while to soak it all in. Only downside was the food was really expensive and I had to buy a knife that I don't need 'cos my wife loved the look of it ( it is a really nice bit of kit but ). Upside is she gave me the go-ahead to buy a Weatherby modular chassis after the bloke on the stand showed it to her and explained why it was so good. I'll certainly go again next time. I'll take my own tucker but.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by VICHunter » 29 Aug 2017, 1:18 pm

Hope it was fun lads, the Melbourne show is always a good weekend out.
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Jakethefake » 02 Sep 2017, 9:20 am

I was pretty impressed. I went sunday afternoon and it was still packed. Its easy to get to thinking shooting is a dying sport in this country, so to see so much shooting stuff and so many people there felt pretty good.
Jakethefake
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by nightforcenxs » 03 Sep 2017, 6:53 pm

i thought it was average aswell and the waiting in line for a hour for people to turn up late and make 2 other seperate lines into the venue but i did get to touch the victrix $16k rifle bout the only high light of it for me went and ordered a tikka t3 varmint afterwards haha
nightforcenxs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 03 Sep 2017, 7:29 pm

A T3 or a T3x? Didn't think there would be many T3 Varmint around.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by nightforcenxs » 04 Sep 2017, 6:49 pm

RoginaJack wrote:A T3 or a T3x? Didn't think there would be many T3 Varmint around.

t3x stainless varmint t3 or t3x same thing really
nightforcenxs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles