My latest High Tech long range rifle - 1859 Version

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: My latest High Tech long range rifle - 1859 Version

Post by Mongrel » 07 Sep 2017, 8:16 am

Nice looking firearm, cant wait to see or hear how it shoots.
At my local range there is always black powder guns there..Not as much smoke as i thought there would be
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Just the beginning :)
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gamerancher » 07 Sep 2017, 9:23 am

G'day Mongrel, perhaps they are not using it?
I've seen a lot of blokes who go out and buy a black-powder gun, ( talking cartridge rifles here not "front-stuffers" ), and then load them up with smokeless powder and hard-cast or jacketed bullets. I don't get it.
Had a couple of blokes turn up to one of our long range black-powder shoots with BPC rifles loaded up like that and when asked why it is always the same answer, " black-powder is too hard to clean." Nothing could be further from the truth. My rifles require at most 6 patches after a days shooting and the bore will be spotless. :unknown:

Disclaimer: This of coarse depends upon the quality of the bore, your lube, bullet alloy and fit of the bullet to the bore. :thumbsup:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 06 Dec 2017, 10:31 pm

Brother Bentaz,
What a massive price that went for, I thought the originals were around the $15k-$20k mark. Many thanks for that clip, might look into a repro scope for mine.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gamerancher » 07 Dec 2017, 6:53 am

Hey Brett, if you have no plans for January 27-28 next year, we, (BRAA) are having an "informal" shoot at the Cooyal range near Mudgee. Might be a good chance for you to try out that Whitworth on our buffalo target. Hopefully I'll have my new "Gibbs" long range muzzle loader by then. Come along and make some smoke with us.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 07 Dec 2017, 9:36 am

Gamerancher wrote:Hey Brett, if you have no plans for January 27-28 next year, we, (BRAA) are having an "informal" shoot at the Cooyal range near Mudgee. Might be a good chance for you to try out that Whitworth on our buffalo target. Hopefully I'll have my new "Gibbs" long range muzzle loader by then. Come along and make some smoke with us.

Sounds like a good plan, I'll mark it in my calendar :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles