Would you buy a pistol calibre pump-action rifle?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Would you buy a pistol calibre pump-action rifle?

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 28 Sep 2017, 8:41 am

BRNO_Bigot wrote:
wrenchman wrote:taurus did make one for a while called the thunder bolt they were in revolver rounds

I had one for Western Action, but it was too different, and I was subjected to silly requirements by people who didn't understand the how it actually worked, so idiots were always running up while I was loading it screaming "unsafe, unsafe" because the action had to be open to load, unlike a lever rifle.

It was a copy of the Colt Lightning.

What? Haha Western Action peeps are a funny bunch.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 28 Sep 2017, 9:11 am

There is a Pistol range in Mansfield that is open 24/7 and you can shoot even a 308 there.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by bladeracer » 28 Sep 2017, 7:21 pm

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:What? Haha Western Action peeps are a funny bunch.

You've only got to see how they dress to know that :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 28 Sep 2017, 8:14 pm

bentaz wrote:I like the IMI Timberwolf, but not so much the sound of your more modern version. Not saying its a bad idea just not my style.

Second that. Pity the price !
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by BRNO_Bigot » 28 Sep 2017, 9:38 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Mr.Seacucumber wrote:What? Haha Western Action peeps are a funny bunch.

You've only got to see how they dress to know that :-)

Nonetheless, a lot of fun if the people are congenial.
--
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny
day that you realise how often they burst into flames.
BRNO_Bigot
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 04 Dec 2017, 11:02 am

500s&w 44mag defintly interested in somthing like that esepsly mag fed posibly evern somthin along the lines of small big boar rifle rounds
bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Hugh » 17 Dec 2017, 5:25 am

458 casull would do it for me.
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Jakethefake » 17 Dec 2017, 5:29 pm

I would love to have one. When I was in Canada I had a Keltec Sub 2000. It was enormously fun. I didn't use it for hunting or competition, just for fun, and it was fun. I reloaded so it was very cheap to shoot, and because it took a pistol mag you could have 10 rounds in it (in Canada semi auto centerfire rifles are limited to 5 round magazine capacity, unless it takes a pistol magazine, which are limited to 10 rounds).
I'd love to have one again, but obviously its not going to happen here. I've been thinking of getting an Alfa Proj carbine in 357, as it seems to be the closest I can get, in terms of how much fun it should be.
So a pump action pistol carbine would be awesome. But you would have to get the cost down one way or the other, or they'll be real tough sell. I would look at having it manufactured in Turkey or the Phillipines.
Jakethefake
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by jovialjosie2002 » 29 Dec 2017, 7:02 am

I have always wanted a pump action in 9mm or 357. The problem is the cost and limited availability on the market. The only one I could find was the Israeli one......I think it was about $3000!!! The only other alternative was the Remington 7615 (aka jamamatic), in my opinion, this is also way overpriced. If I remember correctly, the map in USA was about $500, so why are we paying $1800 for them here????
I reckon you are on a winner if you manufacture a 9mm or 357 Magnum pump for the Australian market. You may even be able to export it to other countries that have strict hand gun laws like Australia....e.g. UK.
I personally don't know why Lithgow didn't do it, after all, their current bolt action has some serious competition to deal with in Howa and tikka.
A pump action in a pistol calibre has very little competition in Australia.
jovialjosie2002
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Tripod » 29 Dec 2017, 8:54 am

I think small calibre pumpy's are great, I have 25-20 and a 32-20 pump actions and my 218 Bee pump action should be finished in the next few weeks. :D
Next up is figuring out how to do a 9mm. If you want something do you're homework and figure out how and make it happen
Tripod
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Jakethefake » 03 Jan 2018, 10:14 pm

Tripod wrote:I think small calibre pumpy's are great, I have 25-20 and a 32-20 pump actions and my 218 Bee pump action should be finished in the next few weeks. :D
Next up is figuring out how to do a . If you want something do you're homework and figure out how and make it happen

Where would one even begin with making a pump? Start with a 7615?
Jakethefake
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 03 Jan 2018, 11:10 pm

I'd love one. I'd love Timberwolf, but they are very expensive and hard to find. I'd love one in 45-70 too, that would be awesome. And 9mm would be awesome. As well as 44 and 500 mag.

Or if someone would come up with a unique caliber, like say 11.3x64R, that would be a cool lead slinger. Eh! Sneaky AF here :)
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Crazy » 16 Jul 2018, 5:35 pm

A lever release pistol caliber carbine that takes glock mags and has AR features in my opinion would be much more practical, popular and fun option. The Verney Carron is doing alright around the world and in Australia and people in Australia have been going nuts over the lever release rim fire that Savage have release for pre order. To me the lever release is the way to go.
Crazy
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by 1886 » 19 Jul 2018, 9:29 pm

I brought a Beretta 357 Gold Rush back in 2009 and it's been a great little gun.

Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Sus_scrofa » 20 Jul 2018, 3:51 pm

I want one of these. Just because....

Screenshot_20180720-155315_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20180720-155315_Gallery.jpg (903.35 KiB) Viewed 2744 times

MoVulright30.jpg
MoVulright30.jpg (33.51 KiB) Viewed 2744 times
Sus_scrofa
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Next

Return to Centerfire rifles