Feedback required (what's your opinion)

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Feedback required (what's your opinion)

Post by Die Judicii » 14 Oct 2017, 10:26 pm

straightshooter wrote:You would have been better served if you had asked the gunshop how much they were willing pay you for the rifle. That way you at least have a bottom line to work from.
A quick scan of used guns reveals there are a lot of 30-06 rifles offered for sale and not all that many that are actually sold. Although one caught my eye. A fairly modern looking Steyr Mannlicher Professional with a Zeiss Diatel scope sold for $1700.
What that is telling me is there aren't too many buyers out there for a 30-06 at present and those that are buying will naturally go for the bargains.
I personally have some difficulty selling rifles so when the time comes I would probably explore the avenue of selling on consignment through a gunshop.

Did that,,,,,,,,,, that's where I got the figure of $1700 from, (my local gun shop who are pretty competitive compared to another much larger one)

The other much larger shop,, I approached before I listed it, and the manager must've thought I was an idiot.
He was a typical tyre kicker,,,,,,,

Said that it had finger prints on the stock,,, and that nobody likes Leupold scopes any more,,, and he would consider giving me $500 for it as a package.
(The finger prints were not in the stock finish, and wiped off with a tissue)

This same gunshop has the same scope rings that I bought last week from my LGS,,,,,, but at more than double the price.

No wonder anytime I drive past there are hardly any vehicles in its car park.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles