Weihrauch rimfire rifle distributor Australia?

Rimfire bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action and self loading rifles. Air rifles.

Weihrauch rimfire rifle distributor Australia?

Post by allan » 19 Oct 2017, 11:50 am

Anyone know who imports/distributes Weihrauch rim fires into Australia?
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Re: WEIHRAUCH

Post by bladeracer » 19 Oct 2017, 12:03 pm

allan wrote:Anyone know who imports/distributes Weihrauch rim fires into Australia?

No idea but any or the gunshops should be able to tell you.
Seems to be the only thing NIOA doesn't import.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 19 Oct 2017, 12:21 pm

Allan mate no disrespect but is that a gun or salami '' Weihrauch'' I must have lead a sheltered life as I have never heard of
one what sort is it very interested to know :thumbsup:

CHEERS
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 19 Oct 2017, 12:34 pm

Allan don't worry mate I finally found them on the net I honestly had never heard of that type of firearm

CHEERS
Member-Deleted

Post by allan » 19 Oct 2017, 12:59 pm

I gather Weihrauch air rifles have a bigger following than the powder burners.
I just picked up a 22LR so curious to know who distributes them - No shortage of gun shops advertising them for sale.
If anyone knows where to get a bore guide to suit, I'd be interested in a source for that too!
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by Gamerancher » 19 Oct 2017, 1:36 pm

High quality German made firearms, been in business for over 100 years. I've owned two of their air rifles, a HW77 in .22cal and a HW100 in .177. Both were very accurate and had that quality of fit and finish you would expect from the Germans. Alcock & Pierce ( Melb.) used to be the agents.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 19 Oct 2017, 2:47 pm

Beautiful rifles.

I had a kitted HW97 K in .22.... what a tack driver.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Ed9362 » 19 Oct 2017, 5:00 pm

Pretty sure allcock and pierce is the importer or atleast they were.
I had a weirauch 22hornet boltgun which i bought new.

It was a very nicly built gun and looked great. Problem was i had issuss with extraction. The gun smith kept telling me there was nothing wrong with it but I kept having stuck cases. It also wasnt overly accurate. Best i could do with handloads was about 1.75 MOA
Ed9362
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by allan » 21 Apr 2018, 2:27 pm

I finished up with two of these so thought I’d give a bit of an up-date.

First one is the HW66JM “Running Boar” 22LR which I bought on line from a private seller. Rifle was NIB and un-fired. Gave it a clean, adjusted the trigger, mounted a scope and it was good to go. Functions very well and shoots a variety of ammo types very accurately indeed.

Second one is a HW60J which I also bought on line from a dealer. This one was used but near new. It was also cheap so I took a punt knowing full well that it could have issues. It needed bedding but still threw random “fliers”. Bore scoping revealed two distinct “bumps” in the bore where the front sight retaining screw holes were drilled and tapped! The barrel was cut off and re-crowned behind the “bumps” and a filler block was installed in place of the rear leaf sight. This rifle now shoots and functions as it should.

I’m impressed with these actions – On a par with the Anschutz 54 and a step up from the 64 IMO. Both the single stage and two stage triggers are very adjustable and given basic maintenance, I think these rifles would prove very durable.

Both rifles are 2016 build. Lowey Products now offer a bore guide for this action too.

allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by Gwion » 21 Apr 2018, 3:37 pm

Fun fact. Weihrauch means 'holy smoke'. This according to an ex girlfriend whose name was Weihrauch, or actually Weihrauchova. Funnily she was also born in Brno, Bohemia.....
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Flyer » 21 Apr 2018, 5:09 pm

Remember that Kevin Bloody Wilson song?

"Do you fark on first dates? Does your dad own a (brewery) gun shop?"
The laws of physics do not apply to politics.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Apr 2018, 5:50 pm

Gwion wrote:Fun fact. Weihrauch means 'holy smoke'. This according to an ex girlfriend whose name was Weihrauch, or actually Weihrauchova. Funnily she was also born in Brno, Bohemia.....

Did she smoke or well lubed?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by allan » 21 Apr 2018, 6:35 pm

Gwion wrote:Fun fact. Weihrauch means 'holy smoke'. .

Yes, that is a fact, Gwion :D I have a friend in Sweden who owns several of these guns and he put me right about the meaning of "Weihrauch".
He also suggested I needed to own a couple as he prefers them over his Anschutz sporters.
I've been in selling mode this year and promised myself no more 22's !!!
allan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Other

Post by Gwion » 21 Apr 2018, 7:51 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Gwion wrote:Fun fact. Weihrauch means 'holy smoke'. This according to an ex girlfriend whose name was Weihrauch, or actually Weihrauchova. Funnily she was also born in Brno, Bohemia.....

Did she smoke or well lubed?

She was smokin' hot... or so i thought at the time
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 21 Apr 2018, 7:55 pm

allan wrote:
Gwion wrote:Fun fact. Weihrauch means 'holy smoke'. .

Yes, that is a fact, Gwion :D I have a friend in Sweden who owns several of these guns and he put me right about the meaning of "Weihrauch".
He also suggested I needed to own a couple as he prefers them over his Anschutz sporters.
I've been in selling mode this year and promised myself no more 22's !!!

Well, you do know your rimfires, Allan. I have heard good things about them and from.what I've seen they seem very nicely put together.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 21 Apr 2018, 7:59 pm

Love the stock on that top one Allan. Very pretty indeed!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigpete » 21 Apr 2018, 9:45 pm

Tonkins Sportscene in Victor Harbour reckons they can get them
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 22 Apr 2018, 9:33 am

what I have seen is that they are a quality crafted not a production line rifle
they pull a good price, are not for the budget minded
and they shoot :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 23 Apr 2018, 6:44 pm

i have owned a hw60j 22 mag that would shoot 1" - ! 1/2 " at 100 very consistantly. bought a hw66 in 22lr that just gets better and better the more i shoot it. brilliant triggers as well would recommend to anyone. have heard of extraction problems from time to time. i traced this on my 22lr to winchester ammo with oxidization on the brass. these rifles have very tight "match" spec chambers, and some ammo can behave like this. i own several "krico" rifles, and they are almost exactly the same in construction. the rear locking bolt on my krico 22 hornet is identical to my weihrauch bolt. i think that people from krico must have moved on to weihrauch at some point.
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Flyer » 26 Apr 2018, 8:07 pm

I bought one - thanks to Allan :lol: Just waiting on the license. I was looking for something with a better trigger than a CZ but a little cheaper than an Annie 54. I heard the Weihraugh was better than the 64 for around the same price or slightly cheaper. Everything I've read about them has been good. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Ordered this one with a 600g (max) set trigger, just for something different:

Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by bigrich » 27 Apr 2018, 4:52 am

hey flyer, that'll be a fantastic rifle mate. only issue i've ever had was a batch of chinwester ammo that wouldn't extract due to oxidization on the cases. eley sport (green box) is what i use for plinking. $10 a box and very consistant. cheers
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Flyer » 27 Apr 2018, 10:34 am

I've got a fair bit of Elley Club (Orange box) and SK Match to try through it. The guys at Alcock and Pierce (Aussie distributor) were great, giving advice on ammo as well as letting me mix and match components. All the rifles are brought in as separate barrelled receivers, stocks and triggers, so you can pretty much order any combination you want. They also take CZ style scope mounts, which I have plenty of.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by sungazer » 27 Apr 2018, 12:03 pm

I really like that stock design hope you get a nice bit of wood as well as a shooter.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by bigrich » 27 Apr 2018, 2:18 pm

i've tried eley club flyer , and didn't notice much difference between it and the sport. yet to try SK, lots of people say it's good, so should try some soon. the thumbhole stock is a looker. i loved the barvarian style stock on my 22 mag. unfortunately my krico 22 hornet made that rifle redundant. make sure ya post some results once it settles in. i should give my hw66 22lr another go this weekend. it's had about 300 rounds through it now and is starting to settle. after about 10 fouling shots, it will shoot 3 shots touching one after another at 50, then a flyer on the fourth or fifth blows out the group size. excellent triggers on the weihrauchs. i haven't moved mine from the factory setting. it was great straight out of the box
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Flyer » 27 Apr 2018, 5:05 pm

Elley Club shot well in my old CZ 452, but SK was more consistent for the same price ($12-13). You have to spend something like $25-30 a box on Elley Tenex to get the good stuff.

sungazer wrote:I really like that stock design hope you get a nice bit of wood as well as a shooter.

So do I. Unfortunately, the stock on mine doesn't have any chequering. Apparently A&P brought in about 90 of the old thumbhole stocks without chequering some time ago and there are still a few left. The good(ish) news is I spoke to them and the new stock arrives either May or June and they've offered to swap it out for me if I wish.

With the amount of time it takes to process licenses here in WA, I may not be able to take possession of mine until then anyway! Regardless, if I keep the stock in pristine condition, they'll do a straight swap. Or I've been offered a Match stock for a small premium ($100) if I want to swap earlier. There was (I think) about $300 difference between the Thumbhole and Match models originally, but the only two differences are the Match stock and bull barrel. The Match is a bit heavier than the Thumbhole and Production models - 3.85kg vs 3.15kg - which is the main reason I opted for the Thumbhole, as both it and the Production models come with medium-weight barrels that should suffice for offhand shooting.

Also, there's no premium on the two-stage match trigger, so you can order it for no extra cost. Some actually prefer the single trigger, but for legal reasons it comes with a 1.2kg spring. However, the match trigger spring will go straight in and lowers that to 600g maximum (it will go down to something like 30g apparently) and is available if you intend to use it for competition.
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by sungazer » 27 Apr 2018, 7:35 pm

What I like about it is the much shallower slope on the bottom of the butt. If you put your rifle in a rear bag it is much better for vertical if when it recoils it comes straight back and doesn't change aim. not many stocks are made like this mine included even they one i made myself. Still learning all the little tricks. Im not sure why stocks where ever made in some of the shapes they were. then history and the reason well he made one like that so it must be good carries the same design forward.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by bigrich » 27 Apr 2018, 9:23 pm

german enginering SG, german enginering :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by NTSOG » 27 May 2018, 11:29 am

G'day,

I have quite a number of Weihrauch air rifles of different types and calibres and they are high quality and accurate rifles. I also have a new HW 60 J in .222. It has been very accurate even as I have been running in the barrel. In fact it matches my older Anschutz 1532 also in .222 Rem. ''HW" stands for the post WW II director Hans Weihrauch Snr. [deceased 1990]. Acme Firearms in Frankston, Victoria sell a range of HW rifles, rimfire and air.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 27 May 2018, 7:41 pm

I am sure Gwion's girlfriend was a very pretty girl. Weih in German means to hallow, and Rauch mean rough or hairy. Weihrauch means incense or Frankincense. The take on Frankincense must be holy smoke.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by sungazer » 27 May 2018, 7:50 pm

So Flyer give us the run down on how much it cost where to look at the different options ect. Sounds like the distributor is in WA good for you to be able to have a look at all the goodies but what about us over here on the east coast?
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Next

Return to Rimfire rifles, and air rifles