M70 Win .20PPC spotlighting rifle? Yay or nay?

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

M70 Win .20PPC spotlighting rifle? Yay or nay?

Post by MalleeFarmer » 21 Oct 2017, 8:06 pm

Well the urge for a new build is coming on.. :crazy: Despite not using my existing rifles enough. :thumbsdown: I want to build on my M70 featherweight since it won’t shoot worth a damn. And i was considering a .20PPC but the ppc has a weird russian .445 boltface that may or may not work with the .473 boltface my M70 has so leaning towards the .20BR now. I really just want a .204r which is why i like the PPC since is has a very similar capacity to the .204 where the BR is just shy of .22-250 capacity and i think way more than is useful in a .20 cal. I could just buy a howa mini .204 cheaper but then my dud of a M70 would still be wasting space in my safe. What say you all? :unknown:
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Re: M70 Win .20PPC spotlighting rifle? Yay or nay?

Post by marksman » 21 Oct 2017, 10:05 pm

a friend built a 20 dasher that shoots dots all day, a 20 br may be a little easier on barrels though
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: M70 Win .20PPC spotlighting rifle? Yay or nay?

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 21 Oct 2017, 10:23 pm

20 br is deadly if you can put it together on that M70 action....and I honestly think it's got the goods on a 204.

Just my opinion for what it's worth

Collector 1
More Brno's than you can poke a stick at..!!!!
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles