Disaster strikes...

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Disaster strikes...

Post by Bent Arrow » 17 Nov 2017, 5:39 pm

RoginaJack wrote:"with possibly financial adjustment if devalued as a result....", please explain because after all, you dropped it? :shock:

I'm not sure what you mean by this. An item that was in good condition with a nominal market value was accidentally damaged and may not be able to be repaired to the pre-existing condition and value. Hence, the insurer may pay a financial adjustment to offset the loss in value........ If you had an accident in your car, and the repairs couldn't be done to a standard that returned the vehicle to a standard and value equivalent to the pre-existing condition, would you be happy, or expect (1) the repairs to be done properly (2) the vehicle to be written off as a total loss, or (3) some financial adjustment?
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Homer » 18 Nov 2017, 9:05 am

D'oh!

Doh!
Homer
Homer
Corporal
Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by RoginaJack » 18 Nov 2017, 10:48 am

I don't feel that Motor Vehicles are a good example in this case, due to M.V. depression rates or insured "at market value".

I imagine that repairs may be offered or if the firearm be deemed beyond repair, be written off and then becomes the property of the Insurance company.

It's just that I haven't come across "with possibly financial adjustment if devalued as a result..." clause.

That's the only reason why I was asking, possibly I didn't put in too clear.

Anyway hope it all works out to your satisfaction.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles