Recoil, Felt,Perceived or...

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: Recoil, Felt,Perceived or...

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Oct 2017, 9:34 pm

Also from an old post.

Lots of powder + heavy projectile + light rifle = lots of recoil.
Heavier rifle = less recoil
less powder or lead = less recoil.

Lighter the shooter the more they bend to the recoil = less felt recoil.

Big fat blokes are like a brick wall and don't move so more felt recoil.

So off hand shooting results in less felt recoil.

All things being equal, the above is true, to state the obvious. You cant beat it, its just about physics.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 29 Oct 2017, 12:04 am

BRNO_Bigot wrote:... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ...
There were two young ladies - wives of the other shooters who used to arrive, half-covered in spaghetti strap tops and want to shoot my 375 - they would overwhelm me with their femininity, and general hotness, and I would allow them to shoot as long aI could watch their boobies bounce. ... ... ... ...

So - a lot of it is psychological, some is stock shape - and some is sookishness.

So in this example of recoil, your psychological state turned to sookishness due to the effects caused by the shape of the stock...!!! Hehe.

Its funny you said 'you allowed them'...sounds like they were calling the shots...they owned you boy...!!! Hehe
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Wombat » 29 Oct 2017, 10:01 am

My first experience with a centrefire really set me back for years. Prone with a Martini Enfield .303, before I was shaving and some 1912 mk VI ammo.
First shot had about a 1/4-1/2 second delay from trigger pull to ignition, long enough for me to think my father had loaded a spent shell to see if I had a flinch.
If I didn't before I certainly developed one then.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Centerfire rifles