Ruger bx1 mag trouble

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Ruger bx1 mag trouble

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 06 Nov 2017, 1:22 pm

Anyone had trouble with a ruger bx1? Pretty much since new mine would jam occasionally, now it jams constantly. Is there any 10shot mags to fit a 10/22 that arent rotary?
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Ruger bx1 mag trouble

Post by bladeracer » 06 Nov 2017, 3:11 pm

Kelsey Cooter wrote:Anyone had trouble with a ruger bx1? Pretty much since new mine would jam occasionally, now it jams constantly. Is there any 10shot mags to fit a 10/22 that arent rotary?

Exactly what sort of problem are you having? Is it with all mags or just one mag?

I've had some trouble with the mags in the MDT LSS-22 chassis, none at all though in the original stocks. The chassis uses the two stock modules taken from the Ruger stock, but it seems to spread them just a few thou wider than they should be. This allows the front of the mag to drop out of alignment when running the bolt. Holding the front of the mag up fixes this problem. Unscrewing the centre bolt slightly also fixes it.

I so wish somebody would make a simple box mag for the Ruger .22's!
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 06 Nov 2017, 4:01 pm

Never had an issue with mine. Ruger rotary mags are well known for their reliability, maybe send it in for replacement if the issue is with the mag itself and not the rifle.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 06 Nov 2017, 6:43 pm

Sorry i didn't explain myself properly, i mean the magazine follower jams, so when a bullet leaves the mag, the next bullet doesnt come to the top of the magazine. Even jams occasionally as i remove the last bullet, the follower doesnt come to the top. Only happens with 1 magazine
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 06 Nov 2017, 6:53 pm

Kelsey Cooter wrote:Sorry i didn't explain myself properly, i mean the magazine follower jams, so when a bullet leaves the mag, the next bullet doesnt come to the top of the magazine. Even jams occasionally as i remove the last bullet, the follower doesnt come to the top. Only happens with 1 magazine

Strip and clean it maybe?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Tripod » 06 Nov 2017, 8:03 pm

Just loosen the bolt that runs through it by a fraction of a turn and and it will be fine.
Tripod
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Antie » 16 Nov 2017, 9:38 am

Tripod wrote:Just loosen the bolt that runs through it by a fraction of a turn and and it will be fine.

What's the latest Kelsey?

Did this fix it?
Antie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 21 Nov 2017, 8:43 pm

Antie wrote:
Tripod wrote:Just loosen the bolt that runs through it by a fraction of a turn and and it will be fine.

What's the latest Kelsey?

Did this fix it?

Looking like this was all it needed mate, i havent been using my 22s much lately though so havent given it much of a test since loosing the bolt off a bit. It was bloody tight
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Antie » 28 Nov 2017, 8:29 am

Cool, good to know for the future :thumbsup:
Antie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles